Every year, we celebrate Independence Day, Republic Day, Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti, Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti, and many more occasions to honour our Independence history. Indian history doesn’t end with these events. Indian citizens and its military commemorate many more occasions. One of the occasions is the Indian Air Force Day 2023, celebrated annually on the 8th of October. It has its place in the history of India, which connects civilians with the courage the defence personnel showed to save our country.
Now, students might have become more interested in IAF Day which will be celebrating its 91st Anniversary in 2023. Students can go through the article to read more about the event and write a Best Essay On Indian Air Force Day. The knowledge given below will provide assistance to the students to add up important points in their essays.
Indian Air Force Day: Highlights
|Indian Air Force Day Celebration Date||8th of October|
|Established on||8th October 1932|
|Motto||Touch the Sky With Glory |
Nabhah Spriushm Deeptam
|Position in World||4th largest Air Command|
|Number of Commands||5 Operational and 2 Functional Commands|
- Essay On Gandhi Jayanti for Children & Students
- Essay on E-Waste for Students and Children in English
- Essay on Pollution for Students and Children
- Essay on My Vision for India in 2047 for Class 9, 10
Best Essay On Indian Air Force Day
A country can only flourish when its borders are safe. To keep the borders safe, the Government of the independent country establishes the military, which protects the nation from external disturbances. The Indian Air Force is one of the wings to safeguard the country from air disturbances from neighbouring countries. Earlier it was part of the Royal Air Force, which took part in many wars with the soldiers of the colonising country. Later, it separated and became the Indian Air Force in 1950 by our then President Rajendra Prasad as its Supreme Commander.
The Royal Indian Army was established on 8th October 1932, by King George VI. In 1950, the Indian Government abandoned the “Royal” title, and it became the Indian Air Force. As a citizen of India, we are honoured to have the fourth largest Air Force in the world. To commemorate its glorious history every year, we celebrate its establishment day. In 2023, we will be celebrating its 91st Anniversary all over the country. On this day, the Supreme Commander and Chief of Air Staff commences the celebration in its seven commands. Air shows and the many air activities are shown on this day.
Civilians and defence personnel become part of the celebration. The Indian Air Force Day displays its strength by showcasing its powerful aircraft, helicopters, missiles, and other air weapons. This day is very special for the people of India and its military.
10 Lines Speech On Air Force Day in English
To learn more about the Indian Air Force, students can scroll down the article. Here, we have provided interesting points on the IAF.
- The history of the IAF dates back to World War II when it participated in the war against the Japanese, which were part of the Allied Powers.
- King George VI gave the “Royal” title to the IAF in 1945, which was later dropped by the Indian Government in 1950.
- The motto of the Indian Air Force is taken from the 11th verse of the Bhagwat Gita, which Lord Krishna gave to Arjuna.
- At the start, there were six trained officers and 19 sepoys. Presently, there are approx 139,576 active personnel and 140,000 reserved personnel.
- 174 aircraft are part of the IAF, including the Mirage-2000, MIG-29 & 21, Sukhoi-30, indigenously built Tejas, and France-manufactured Rafale.
- IAF has shown its bravery in the First Kashmir War, Operation Polo, Operation Vijay, and the Sino-Indo 1962 war. Safed Sagar’s Operation in the Kargil War, Operation Meghdoot in Siachen Glacier, and the courage list go at great length.
- Flying Officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon was posthumously awarded Param Veer Chakra (PVC), the highest military award for showing courage during wartime.
- The supreme commander of the Indian Air Force is the President of India.
- The first Indian Chief of the Air Staff of Independent India was Subroto Mukherjee.
- The current Indian Chief of Air Staff is Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari.
Best Essay On Indian Air Force Day: Important Links
FAQs Related to the Best Essay On Indian Air Force Day
What is the reason for celebrating IAF Day on the 8th of October?
The Indian Air Force was established on the 8th of October 1932. Six Royal Air Force-trained officers and 19 Sepoys were part of its initial phases. This has become the reason for commemorating IAF Day on this date.
What is the IAF position in the world?
The Indian Air Force is the fourth largest in the world after the USA, Russia, and China.
Who was awarded posthumously Param Veer Chakra (PVC) in IAF?
The Flying Officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon was posthumously awarded PVC for his valour in the 1971 India-Pakistan war.