EWS Certificate Application 2022: The Central government of India tries to cover the citizens who belong to backward classes, extremely weaker sections by providing them with good education, financial assistance, employment opportunities, and many more and to take the advantages of those benefits citizens have to apply for the ‘EWS Certificate’ signed by the Indian government. The approved candidate with an EWS certificate gets a 10% reservation while applying for government jobs or government schools. Stay tuned with our article to collect more details about EWS Certificate Application 2022.
EWS Certificate Application 2022
The concept of reservation criteria came was launched when the maker of the Indian Constitution Dr. B.R. Ambedkar added it while preparing the Indian Constitution back in the year 1950 to encourage the society’s weaker sections like the Scheduled Castes (SC’s), Scheduled Tribes (ST’s), Backward Classes (BC’s), Economically Weaker Classes (EWS) and other sections by giving them chance to fight for their rights and display their hidden talent. To avail of the benefits of the EWS certificate, residents have to clear the eligibility criteria set up by the government of India. Read till the end to get more information about the EWS Certificate application 2022.
EWS Certificate Application 2022: Glance
|Government||Government of India|
|Reservation Category||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)|
|Certificate Name||EWS Certificate|
|Certificate Validity||1 year|
EWS Certificate definition
Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) can be defined as “a sub-category of people who belong to the economically based unreserved category with an annual income of less ₹8,00,000 and doesn’t belong to other any category such as SC/ST/OBC across India”.
The EWS Certificate bill was approved by the Indian President on 12th Jan 2019 under which Indian residents who belong to the EWS category will get a 10% reservation when they will apply for any government job/admission into any government schools. The moment bill was approved by the President, Gujarat became the first state to adopt and implement it in their state for the welfare of the residents.
- Top B.Ed Colleges in Bihar
- Bihar BSSC Graduate Level Online Form
- IGNOU Result For December Term End Exam
- Bihar 10th Result Scrutiny Result 2022
EWS Certificate Benefits
The benefits of the EWS Certificate are countless and only those applicants will receive the benefits of the certificate who have legitimate Income & Asset Certificate. We sorted out some prime benefits of the certificate that candidates will get after applying for the EWS Certificate are listed below:
- The candidates can ask for their rights on numerous government schemes.
- The reservation will also provide financial help to those who are in need.
- It’s necessary for all the central universities under UGC to follow the EWS reservation and give seats to the EWS category candidates.
- The candidate can also have an amount of subsidy on the schemes provided by the Central & State government for the welfare of the residents.
Eligibility Criteria & Application Fee for EWS Certificate
To utilize the profits that come with the EWS certificate, citizens are supposed to mark the eligibility level finalized by the government. If they failed to reach the eligibility criteria then they won’t be allowed to apply for the EWS certificate and those criteria are explained in the table below:
|Nationality||(a) Candidate has to be an Indian resident.|
|General Category||(a) The candidate must belong to the general category and doesn’t carry any other caste. |
(b) The EWS reservation is only for general category candidates.
|Family Income||(a) The candidate’s annual family income should be less than ₹8 lakhs. |
(b) The family income must include the income sources of all family members from agriculture, private job, business etc.
|Agricultural Land||(a) The land should be owned by the candidate personally and not given on lease to another person. |
(b) If the farmer personally owns the land then it should not be more than 5 acres.
|Residential Property||(a) In case, the candidate purchases a residential plot then it should be below 100 square yards in a notified municipality sector & below 200 yards in a non-municipality sector. |
(b) The residential flat area which the candidate purchased should be below 1000 square feet.
While applying for the EWS certificate application, candidates are supposed to pay a small amount of application fee. It will be the decision of the State Revenue department to decide the application fee amount so it simply means that the application fee will not be the same in all Indian states. The applicant has to submit the fee through online/offline medium (Net Banking, Card, BHIM UPI, Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft). Currently, any detail about the application fee isn’t available but we will revert back once we receive any update regarding the application fee.
Definition of Family
In the eligibility criteria mentioned above, you must’ve read the term ‘Family’ and the family will only include a list of the following family members:
- Candidate’s Parent & Spouse.
- Siblings & Children below the age of 18 years.
Issuing Authority for EWS Certificate
The EWS/Income and Asset Certificate will be issued & verified by various authorities in each state. The authorities might be different but the application form format prescribed by the Indian government will be the same across the country. The authorities who have been given the responsibility to verify the certificate are:
|Additional District Magistrate/District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Taluka Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Executive Magistrate|
|Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate/Chief Presidency Magistrate|
|The authority of the District Revenue Officer can also provide the EWS Certificate.|
|The authority below the rank of Sub-Divisional Officer & Tehsildar are not eligible to give the EWS certificate to the candidate.|
Mandatory documents for EWS Certificate
While applying for the application forms, candidates are supposed to submit some documents whose list is available below:
- Aadhaar Card.
- PAN Card.
- Affidavit/Self Declaration.
- Land/Property documents.
- Resident/Domicile certificate.
- Scanned passport size photograph.
- Other documents.
The list of documents varies from state to state so applicants are advised to keep frequently the official website to get latest updates about the EWS Certificate Application.
Procedure to get EWS Certificate 2022
It will be the state’s decision through which medium they want to receive the EWS application form (Online/Offline). For online application, candidates have to visit the State Revenue Department and complete the procedure as per the instructions given on the website. The steps involved while applying for EWS Certificate can be read in the following section:
- Visit the official website of the state who are accepting application forms via online medium.
- After arriving on the home page of the portal, search for ‘Income Certificate’ and after receiving success in locating it select it and a new web page will get open.
- Enter the specific details asked on the registration form and once they are completed tap on the ‘Submit’ option.
- You will get a provisional application number/registration number on your contact number.
- Enter that login credentials and the application will be visible in front of your eyes.
- Fill up the empty boxes given inside the application form with the particulars asked.
- Now upload the scanned files of the documents in a precise format specified by the government.
- It’s the candidate’s responsibility to upload legitimate documents duly signed by the authorities of the Indian government.
- After entering the details and uploading of documents, pay the application fee through Internet Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card, BHIM UPI and many more.
- It’s compulsory for the applicant to pay the fee if they tried to skip the payment step then their application form will not be accepted.
- Finish the online method by downloading the application & e-fee receipt on your device or takeout its printout along with multiple photocopies to avoid future mishappenings.
The format of the application form provided by the government of India is the same across the country. The candidate should be smart enough to note down the details very carefully and correct asked inside the application form. If the authorities come across that the details don’t match the eligibility then they will teach the applicants the correct procedure about how to fill out the EWS Certificate application form. The candidates can submit one application form at a time.
To download EWS Certificate Application Form: Click Here
How to regenerate forgotten password?
In case you forgot your profile password then you don’t have to panic just follow the steps mentioned below:
- On the home page of the portal, the option of ‘Forgot Password’ will be available.
- Select it and then enter your registration number, captcha code given on-screen.
- After entering the details, tap on ‘Get OTP’ which you got on your mobile number.
- Enter your new password and try to keep it simple and short so that you can remember it in the future.
- Conclude the process by saving the password into some notepad.
Steps to check application form status
- Open the official portal of your state.
- On the home page of the portal, press on ‘Login’ and fill in your login credentials.
- Wait for a few minutes and then click on your submitted application form.
- The display of your screen will be showing the status of your application form.
You can also visit the nearest Common Services Centre and ask the officer about the status of your application form.
EWS Certificate Validity
Some important pointers about the EWS Certificate validity are shared with you so go through them carefully:
- To enjoy the lifetime benefit of the certificate, the applicants are supposed to renew and update it within a given time period.
- The official validity of the EWS/Income & Asset certificate is one year.
- However, the time period in which the certificate should be updated in every six months for some states.
- For some states, the online facility to renew their EWS certificate will be provided by their state government which will decrease the wastage of time and travel expenses.
- For offline renewal, candidates have to visit the same Common Service Centre (CSC) from where they applied for their respective EWS certificates.
The latest reservation percentage prevailing in the Nation for different categories are prescribed below:
State-Wise EWS Application Link
Candidates can go through the following table to apply for the EWS/Income & Asset Certificate or check the status of the application form submitted online. The complete information regarding EWS Certificate Application will also be available on the state portal:
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click Here|
|West Bengal||Click Here|
The EWS/Income & Asset Certificate can easily get downloaded from the state official portal or by visiting the nearest Common Services Centre and the links of various states is also available on this page.
Those who will officially apply for the EWS Certificate will get 10% reservation in government jobs & relaxation during their admission into schools or colleges.
The candidate’s family annual income should be less than ₹8 lakhs and they must hold the citizenship of India.
The processing time period for the EWS certificate issue varies from state to state. Generally, it takes 21 days to process the EWS certificate.
OBC stands for ‘Other Backward Classes whereas EWS stands for ‘Extremely Backward Classes’ and applicants belonging from OBC get 27% of reservations & EWS candidates to get 10% reservations.
We hope that our team was able to provide you with all kinds of details that you were searching for regarding EWS Certificate Application 2022. You are most welcome to drop your comments in the comment box.