Father Of The Groom Speech: Weddings are the greatest occasion in Indian culture. The country is known for its big fat wedding ceremonies. From pre-wedding shoots to rituals and attire, everything is celebrated vibrantly. It is a tradition where the groom and bride tie the knot to embark on their new journey of togetherness. On this rich occasion, adding a speech would amplify the vibe of the wedding. For parents, the wedding takes them on a roller coaster ride of emotions. As a Father of the Bride, a feeling of concern is involved as the daughter leaves the ‘Babul Ka Ghar’. The father of the Groom sees the son as a grown man and welcomes a new member into the family. Give your son a blessing by giving the best Father Of The Groom Speech.
Father Of The Groom Speech
There are lots of emotions, and feelings involved during a wedding occasion but mostly the air is filled with joy and happiness. Make this rich tradition of weddings more precious by making a toast to the newlywed couple. Here you can find some ideas for giving the Father Of The Groom Speech. Now, writing a speech for your son at his wedding can be a little tricky. Lots of people will be there, your friends, family and guests. You have to deliver a speech that can maintain the balance between humour and seriousness. Come up with a speech that can make your son feel precious, emotional, and relaxed at the same time. Don’t sweat, we have you covered, you can find the sample for the Wedding Speech For The Groom’s Father. Go through this page and take ideas for an Emotional Father of the Groom Speech.
Tips For Best Wedding Speech
Everyone understands that marriage is the most important part of a person’s life. The difficult part is knowing where to start the Father of the Groom Speech. Therefore, we have assembled all these tips to help you write a good wedding speech for your son. You can look out for these tips to give the best father of the groom speeches ever:
- First and foremost, understand the structure of the speech for the groom’s father. For this, you can take ideas from our father of the groom speech example to understand the outline.
- Your speech should be cohesive. To put it simply, the content of your speech should be well arranged. Start by congratulating your son, thanking the guest, welcoming the bride and sharing stories. Finally, giving blessings to the couple.
- Share short stories of your experience of marriage with the couple. Try to keep it cool so that you can maintain the balance between seriousness and humour.
- Talk about your son! share your feelings about seeing him as the man that he is today. Tell him that you are proud of him. This is the part where you can write your heart out but remember not to make him feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.
Father Of The Groom Speech Example
My name is ______, I am the proud father of the groom. First of all, I would like to thank everyone present here from the bottom of my heart. Today is the greatest day of my life and thanks to everyone for sharing this day with us. I have prepared this speech for my children to express my love for them and my joy for them getting married.
[Son’s Name], has always been a good and understanding person. Even since he was a kid, we would go on various sports outings and share memorable events. He shares a great bond with his younger siblings and always looks out for them. It makes my eyes watery to see him as the great man that he is now. I am proud of you my kid.
I remember the first time I met [Bride’s Name], she came over to our house for dinner and she immediately bonded with us. She just lit up the room with her great personality, I could see the spark the in her. I am honoured to welcome you as a new family member of ours. You both together make a good couple. As your parent, I wish you a long, happy and healthy married life. Remember, this journey will bring lots of ups and downs but mostly happiness. Your dad and mom will always be there for you.
Father of the Groom Speech Quotes
Lastly, you can end the speech for your son’s wedding with beautiful wedding quotes. Having an impactful ending helps in maintaining the decorum to the end. You can refer to the following quotes to add to the father of the groom speech:
- “Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense.” by Helen Rowland
- “The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.” by J. Krishnamurti
- “It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving.” by Mother Teresa
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” by Mignon McLaughlin
What should be the outline for the father of the groom speech?
The speech should start with an introduction and then thank the guest. Express your love for your son and welcome the daughter-in-law. Afterwards, you can share short stories to make the speech more engaging.
How long should be a wedding speech?
It should not be too long, keep it short and easy. Put as must emotions as you can into your speech. Make people laugh, cry and happy with your speech/