G20 Summit 2023: The G20 Summit is all set to take place in New Delhi on 9 and 10 September 2023. This will be the very first time that India will get the fortune to host this event. At this summit, various topics related to a variety of things concerning the global economy will be discussed by all 20 members. The summit will be held at International Exhibition-Convention Centre (IECC), Pragati Maidan, New Delhi under the presidency of India. To cover all the specifics of G20 Summit 2023, we are presenting this article. So, if you want to know about the 2023 G20 New Delhi Submit, then check out this article from start to finish.
G20 Summit 2023 in India
For this summit, India was given the presidency on 1 December 2022 which will continue up to 30 November 2023. As India holds the presidency of the Summit now, the country is also a part of the G20 troika (consisting of the present, previous and incoming presidency) now along with Indonesia and Brazil. On the day of the G20 Summit 2023 in India, the agenda for the summit will be presented to the member countries for developments in the global economy. More details related to this event are in the rest of the article.
18th G20 Summit 2023: Overview
|Article’s Subject||G20 Summit 2023|
|Total Number of Members||20|
|Founded in||1999 following the Asian Financial crisis of 1997-98|
|Motto of G20||Shaping and Strengthening global architecture and governance on all major international economic issues|
|Host for the 2023 Event||India|
|Venue of the Event||International Exhibition-Convention Centre (IECC), Pragati Maidan, New Delhi|
|Event’s Theme||“Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” or “One Earth One Family One Future”|
|Tenue of India’s Presidency for G20||1 December 2022 to 30 November 2023|
|Date of the Summit||9 and 10 September 2023|
|G20 2023 Official Website||https://www.g20.org/|
New Delhi Group of 20 Summit 2023 Theme
The theme for the G20 Summit this year is Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam which means “One Earth One Family One Future”. As the name suggests, this theme represents the concept of living in harmony. If we consider it in terms of the economy then the basic idea of this theme is equal growth for everyone economically in this world. This unique idea will be taken forward by India in the entirety of its presidency in the Group of 20.
- PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023
- EWS Certificate Application 2023
- What Is Blue Aadhaar Card?
- What is Mahila Samman Saving Certificate?
G20 Member Countries
A total of 19 countries and the European Union form the G20. The members of this G20 (excluding the European Union) are categorised into 5 groups as per regional grouping. 85% of the global GDP and more than 75% of the Global Trade are illustrated by these members. Furthermore, these members constitute 2/3rd of the total population of the world. The complete details of the members of the G20 are given in the following table.
|Name of the Member Country||Representative|
|Argentina||Alberto Fernandez (President)|
|Australia||Anthony Albanese (Prime Minister)|
|Brazil||Luiz Inacia Lula da Silva (President)|
|Canada||Justin Trudeau (Prime Minister)|
|China||Xi Jinping (President)|
|India||Narendra Modi (Prime Minister)|
|Germany||Olaf Scholz (Chancellor)|
|France||Emmanuel Macron (President)|
|Indonesia||Joko Widodo (President)|
|Italy||Giorgia Meloni (Prime Minister)|
|Japan||Fumio Kishida (Prime Minister)|
|South Korea||Yoon Suk-yeol (President)|
|Mexico||Andres Manuel Lopez Obrdor (President)|
|Russia||Vladimir Putin (President)|
|Saudi Arabia||Mohammed Bin Salman (Prime Minister)|
|South Africa||Cyril Ramaphosa (President)|
|United Kingdom||Rishi Sunak (Prime Minister)|
|United States||Joe Biden (President)|
|European Union||Ursula von der Leyen (President of the European Commission) and Charles Michel (Presiden of the European Council)|
Guest Countries and International Organizations
Along with the members of the G20, there are a few countries that will be invited as guests for the summit as well. These countries are Bangladesh, Egypt, Mauritius, Netherlands, Nigeria, Oman, Singapore, Spain and UAE. Apart from these guest countries, the international organizations of the UN, IMF, WB, WHO, WTO, ILO, FSB and OECB will be invited to G20 Summit 2023 as well. Furthermore, Chairs of Regional Organizations (AU, AUDA-NEPAD and ASEN) and ISA, CDRI and ADB will also be guests at the event.
Top Priorities of Group of Twenty Summit 2023
For the G20 Summit, the meetings were held from December 2022 to February 2023 in various cities of the country. As a result of all these meetings, the following came out as the top priorities for the summit which will be discussed further at the event.
- Green Development, Climate Finance and Life: For the G20 Summit, India will majorly focus on climate change with respect to climate finance and technology. Therefore, the LiFE movement is introduced for promoting practices that are in the favour of the environment and sustainable traditions of India.
- Accelerated, Inclusive and Resilient Growth: Another priority for India will be taking care of the areas that can potentially contribute to structural transformation.
- Accelerating Progress on SDGs: The country will yet again recommit itself to attain the 2030 agenda for sustainable development. Moreover, there will be an extra focus on the impact of COVID-19.
- Technological Transformation & Digital Public Infrastructure: India will promote a human-centric approach to technology. Also, in the sectors of agriculture and educational knowledge related to digital public infrastructure, financial inclusion and tech-enabled development will be shared more.
- Multilateral Institutions for the 21st century: Efforts will be made by the country to improve multilateralism.
- Women-led Development: To amplify the socio-economic development and achieve the goal of Sustainable Development, women empowerment will be promoted.
G20 Summit 2023: Important Links
Who will be part of the G20 Summit 2023 in India?
The members of the G20, the 8 invited countries and organizations will be part of the event.
In which city will the 18th G20 Summit be held?
The 18th G20 Summit will be held in New Delhi.
Where is the theme of the Group of 20 Summit drawn from?
The theme “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” is taken from the ancient Sanskrit text of the Maha Upanishad which means “One Earth. One Family. One Future”.