GCET 2023: The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa, has released the notification, stating the start of the online registration procedure for the Common Entrance Test 2023 also known as GCET 2023. All the interested candidates can fill out the application form by registering themselves on the official portal i.e. goacet.in of GCET. The portal window to fill out the form is already opened, and interested candidates can fill out the form till 20th April 2023. The exam will be conducted on 2 consecutive days i.e. May 13 and May 14 2023. If you are interested to fill out the form online for CET 2023 then, stay on the page and read further to know how to fill.
GCET 2023 Application Form
Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2023 is a state-level exam for engineering courses at a government college. This exam is conducted to get admission to degree courses in the Goa Colleges and Universities. To get enrolled on GCET. You need to register yourself. Without registration, you won’t be able to proceed further with the application process. After registration candidates need to apply online, pay a fee, download the admit card, give the exam and then wait for the answer key and result. Read more to know about registration, online applications, etc in this article.
Goa Common Entrance Test 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education Goa|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline and Online both modes are available|
|Application Fees||Rs. 2000/- both online and offline|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Selection Procedure||1. The examination|
|Number of Colleges Participating||05|
|Documents required||Scanned Photograph|
Goa GCET 2023 Examination: Important Dates
DTE Goa has mentioned important dates related to the GCET 2023 exam. As per the information, the dates for GCET 2023 are as follows:
|Release of Notification||Released by DTE Goa|
|Opening of Application Process||10 April 2023|
|Closing Date of Application Process||20 April 2023|
|GCET Admit Card Release Date||To be notified|
|Exam date of GCET 2023||13 May 2023 (Saturday), 14 May 2023 (Sunday)|
|Answer Key||To be Notified|
|Result – GCET 2023||22 May 2023|
Goa Common Entrance Test 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Goa, DTE will conduct the exam and allow the participation of the candidates as per the eligibility criteria mentioned in the prospectus of GCET 2023. There are certain rules or eligibility for the candidates, which are as follows:
- Nationality: Candidates from all over India are welcomed by the state authority for participation. Indians residing abroad but have Indian passports can also apply for the exam.
- Age: The candidates should be at least 17 years on or before 31 December to apply for admission, but there is no age limit for the courses of Engineering and Pharmacy.
- Valid Score: The candidates are required to appear and score well in Goa Common Entrance Test for admission. Candidates carrying the scores for the previous year’s exam shall not be allowed. Entry into different courses requires the score of a specific eligibility exam scores like, for Engineering and Pharmacy, valid scores of GCET are required. To get enrolled on medical courses you must score well in NEET UG 2023. For the Architectural courses, NATA valid score is mandatory.
- Qualifying Examination and Minimum Marks: An applicant should have passed a Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination from Goa or from the Central affiliated school.
|First Year MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, AHS & B.Sc. in Nursing||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||General- Min. 50% |
SC/ST/OBC – Min. 45%
PwD – Min. 40%
|B.Sc. in Nursing||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||General – Min. 45%|
SC/ST/OBC – Min. 40%
|First Year B.E.||Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Technical Vocational||General -Min. 45%|
|First Year B. Pharm.||Physics & Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology||General -Min. 45%|
|First Year B.Arch.||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||10+2 min. 50 % (General|
SC/ST/OBC – 40%
10+ 3 Diploma
Examination with Mathematics- Min. 50% (General)
GCET 2023 Application Process
The candidates after checking the detailed eligibility criteria are required to fill out the form, which can be filled out by registering first. To know how you can fill out the Goa CET 2023 Form, read further. Here are the steps given to fill out the form.
- Visit the official website, https://www.goacet.in. You will reach the Welcome page where you can find 3 simple steps to fill out the form.
- Click on “Register” which you can locate in Step 1.
- You will be redirected to the registration page. Enter your email id and give the exact same password twice. Click on the Submit buttom.
- After you are registered, click on login from step 2 and fill in the details like your email id and password you created while registering.
- Once logged click on “Click here to find /instructions to fill the form”, read all the instructions provided in the link and click on the “FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM HERE” box.
- Without a login, you won’t be able to fill out the Goa CET Application Form 2023, so candidates are suggested to log in first and then proceed with other procedures.
- After filling out the form completely, payment will be done through the HDFC payment gateway. Do not refresh the page unless you receive a success notification from the server.
Goa Common Entrance Test 2023 Application Fees
The candidates who are filling out the application form need to know that the application form is considered incomplete or not submitted unless the application fee is not submitted. The Goa Common Entrance Test 2023 Application Fee is Rs. 2000/-. If the form is submitted late then a penalty of Rs. 1500 is taken in addition to the application fee. Thus, candidates are suggested to pay the fees well on time to avoid inconvenience and penalty. Candidates can also pay fees through demand draft.
What is the syllabus for the GCET 2023?
For the syllabus, you can click on the Prospectus link given above and get to the complete syllabus mentioned in Annexure II.
What is the age limit to apply for GCET 2023?
The minimum age to apply is 17 years but no upper age limit for the application.
How can I pay the fees if I don’t have the facility of net banking, credit and debit cards?
If you don’t have the facility of net banking or debit or credit card then you can go for the DD (Demand Draft) as the option. You need to withdraw the DD of Rs. 2000/- with the mentioned name and address provided in the Application form section. In case the candidate is sending the DD then make sure your DD reaches the authority well in time.