IGNOU Free UPSC Coaching: The Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU will be offering free coaching to scheduled caste candidates for civil services exams. The Ministry of Social Justice and empowerment under the government of India will set up DACE or Dr Ambedkar Centre of excellence at the university. Those who are interested in receiving assistance and guidance from the best teachers that the ministry will appoint will have to appear for the entrance exam.
For IGNOU Free UPSC Coaching, the authorities have started the application procedure. The deadline for submitting applications has been announced. Only eligible candidates will be selected for the program. Hence, the aspirants must check all the details such as eligibility criteria, selection criteria, application procedure, important dates, and much more pertaining to IGNOU free coaching 2023. Post that, they must apply through the online portal. Read all the required information in the following text.
Table of Contents
Check Now >>> Earn cash rewards by playing Quiz
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Government Jobs Opening, Results & Schemes updates.
IGNOU Free UPSC Coaching 2023
The Ministry of Social Justice and empowerment provides coaching to scheduled caste candidates so that they can get educational assistance for qualifying for the civil services examination. To do so, the Dr Ambedkar Centre of excellence or DACE is set up. The prime objective is to provide better opportunities to candidates with lower social backgrounds.
For the year 2023, the Indira Gandhi National Open University will be the centre of providing coaching under the DACE program. Interested and eligible candidates will have to apply for it before 30 June 2022 in an online mode through the designated portal. They will further have to appear for the entrance examination and meritorious candidates will be selected for the free UPSC coaching program. There are only a limited number of seats under this initiative. Hence, the application plays an important role.
Highlights of IGNOU Free UPSC Coaching
|Name of the Program||IGNOU Free UPSC Coaching|
|Hosted By||Indira Gandhi National Open University IGNOU|
|Name of the Centre||Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence|
|Ministry||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Type of Education||Free Coaching|
|For Examination||Civil Services under UPSC|
Aim of IGNOU DACE Free Civil Service Coaching 2023
The prime in of Dr. Ambedkar Centre of excellence or DACE is to empower such candidates who belong to the category of Scheduled Castes. By providing these candidates coaching for civil services exams, of both Preliminary and Mains levels, the authorities will ensure that they receive better opportunities. Teachers and Mentors web a great experience in the field will be coaching the students.
A high-quality education will be provided to them so that they can qualify for the exams easily. Effective learning, embracing competitive skills, and personality development will be focused on in the program. Since education will be provided for free, the socially backward category will not feel the stress of economic pressure. This will not only provide strength to the community but will also secure their future. Women candidates have their special quota which further implies that the program will help in women empowerment as well.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Govt Coaching at DACE, IGNOU
The candidates who will satisfy all of the following eligibility conditions will be considered eligible for the free UPSC coaching program offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University through die Dr. Ambedkar Centre of excellence program:
- Only Indian candidates are allowed to apply.
- This program is specifically limited to candidates belonging to the scheduled caste category.
- An all-India entrance exam needs to be qualified by the course candidates in order to secure admission to the program.
- The candidate must be at least a graduate.
- Those who are presently appearing for the final year examinations of graduation will have to submit the pass certificate when the program commences.
- The candidates can receive coaching for free under this program only once in a lifetime.
- Only 100 candidates will be selected, hence the candidate should secure a good position on the entrance exam merit list.
- 33 seats will be reserved for girl candidates.
- All the certificates must be presented and verified before the commencement of the free coaching program.
Apply for Coaching for SC by IGNOU
To apply for the IGNOU DACE program 2023, follow the steps given below:
- Open the official portal for Indira Gandhi National Open University Dr. Ambedkar Centre of excellence IGNOU DACE at dace.ignouonline.ac.in.
- On the homepage, tap on the option of ‘register’ on the top menu.
- Agree to the undertaking that appears on the page.
- Click on the option ‘yes’ in response to the question ‘Do you belong to SC category?‘
- The registration form will open up on the screen.
- Enter the personal details of the candidate.
- Upload the personal documents of the candidate such as Aadhaar card in PDF format, Photo in JPG format, signature in JPG format, and caste certificate in PDF format.
- Agree to the undertaking and tap on the option save and next.
- Add the qualification and experiences of the candidate.
- Upload documents such as 12, UG, PG, and other certificates in JPG format to support the qualification and experiences. Minimum three qualification certificate including class 10th, class 12th, and graduation needs to be submitted.
- Preview the form that has been filled out by the candidate.
- Finally, tap on the submit option.
Selection Criteria for DACE Coaching for Civil Services
There are only 100 seats for the program. Out of these, 33 seats have been reserved for female candidates. The reservation has been made on the basis of the 33% women quota. The candidates will have to qualify for the entrance examination in order to get selected. Selections will be made on the basis of merit. Only eligible candidates will be selected to avail the coaching facility. All the documents will be verified before the commencement of the coaching program. In case, certain candidates are availing of another government scheme, they will have to present an affidavit. The coaching will be provided for free but only scheduled caste candidates or at least graduates will be allowed to avail of the free UPSC coaching benefit.