IIT JAM 2022 1st Admission List: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee has released the IIT JAM 1st admission list and all those applicants who applied for the JAM 2022 can check their name by visiting the official website jam.iitr.ac.in. The candidates who filled out the admission form can check IIT JAM 2022 1st Admission List on the JOAPS portal by entering the login credentials-enrollment ID/email ID & password.
According to the details filled in the application form, the candidates will be allotted colleges/seats as per their personal preference and the offers will be made on the basis of the subjects selected by the candidates. To know in detail about the IIT JAM 2022 1st admission list keep reading our article.
IIT JAM 2022 1st Admission List
IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test for Masters) is a national-level examination conducted by the IIT, Roorkee on a rotation basis for all those candidates who want to get into various PG courses for the academic session of 2022-23. The admission list will be available online and no offline medium will be used by the institute to inform the applicants about their IIT JAM 1st admission list status. Collect more information about IIT JAM 2022 1st admission list from the remaining part of the article.
|Institute Name||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|Exam Name||Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM)|
|Exam Date||13th Feb 2022|
|Declaration of 1st Admission List||01st June 2022|
IIT JAM 2022 Schedule
The following table will help you in getting to know about various activities involved in IIT JAM Admission 2022
|Availability of 1st Admission List||01st June 2022|
|Last date for seat booking payment||06th June 2022|
|Announcement of 2nd admission list||16th June 2022|
|Last date to book seat||20th June 2022|
|Declaration of 3rd Admission list||25th June 2022|
|Last date for seat booking payment||30th June 2022|
|Announcement of 4th & final admission list||06th July 2022|
|Last date for payment of seat booking||08th July 2022|
|Closure of admission through JAM||11th July 2022|
IIT JAM 2022 Cut Off Marks
- Cut-Off marks can be defined as a minimum qualifying mark which every examinee has to score in order to clear the examination and get admission into the course or college.
- It’s necessary for all the examinees to score equal to or more cut-off marks announced by the board. In case they got fail in scoring that cut-off then they won’t get admission into the course/college of their preference.
- The list of factors depending upon which the IIT JAM 2022 cut-off marks will be prepared are: the total no of applicants who appeared in the exam, marks scored by applicants, marking strategy, and marks reserved for other categories.
How to check IIT JAM 1st admission list 2022?
As a writer of this article, it’s my personal advice that you should go through this section as it will help you in encountering the steps about how to check the IIT JAM 1st admission list:
- Select the official link of IIT JAM’s website jam.iitr.ac.in and open it in a new tab.
- After landing on the home page of the website, tap on the ‘JAM 2022- Candidate Portal’ link given on right side.
- Enter the details asked on the page such as enrolment id, email id, password & arithmetic question.
- After entering the above-demanded details tap on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The new web page will be showing IIT JAM admission list.
The candidates who qualified for the examination can apply for the admission procedure logging into the portal and choosing any one of the three options given below:
- Accept & Freeze: By choosing “Accept and Freeze”, the applicant accepts the offered seat and decides not to upgrade for higher preferences in the subsequent rounds (if applicable).
- Accept with Upgrade: By choosing “Accept with Upgrade”, the applicant accepts the offered seat and would like to upgrade to higher preferences in the subsequent rounds (if any). The applicant will be considered for upgradation in the subsequent rounds (if any).
- Reject and Quit: By choosing “Reject and Quit”, the applicant rejects the offered seat and would not like to continue in the admission process of JAM 2022. The seat offered to the applicant would be cancelled and the applicant will not be considered further in the admission process.
For “Accept and Freeze” and “Accept with Upgrade” decisions, the applicant will be directed to an Online payment portal to pay the “Seat Booking Fee” of Rs.10,000 for General/OBCNCL/EWS category applicants and Rs.5,000 for SC/ST/PwD category applicants. The payment must be done via online method within a limited time period and challan payment will not be entertained under any circumstances.
The offer letters from the institutions can be downloaded through Candidate Portal link available on the website. The applicants who are offered a seat should report to the Admitting Institutes along with the required documents, as per their offer letter.