Important Days in November 2023: November comes packed with various important days, holidays, and observances. Right from the start, November 1st brings multiple observances, including Author’s Day, No Shave November, All Saints’ Day, World Vegan Day, Day of the Dead, National Stress Awareness Day, Movember, National Calzone Day, Native American Heritage Month, National Adoption Month, and National Brush Day. It’s quite a kickoff to the month.
Important Days in November 2023
- November 1 – Author’s Day: A day to celebrate and show appreciation to authors for their contribution to society.
- November 1 – No Shave November: An annual event involving the growing of mustaches and beards during the month to raise awareness of men’s health issues.
- November 1 – All Saints’ Day: A Christian festival to honour all the saints and martyrs.
- November 1 – World Vegan Day: Celebrates veganism and encourages adopting a vegan lifestyle.
- November 1 – Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos): A Mexican holiday to honor and remember deceased loved ones.
- November 2 – International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists: Aims to combat impunity for crimes against journalists.
- November 3 – National Sandwich Day: Celebrates one of the most popular lunch items, the sandwich.
- November 5 – World Tsunami Awareness Day: Raises tsunami awareness and shares innovative approaches to risk reduction.
- November 5 – Daylight Saving Time Ends: Marks the end of daylight saving time, when clocks are set back one hour.
- November 6 – International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict: Aims to prevent the unsustainable exploitation of natural resources during conflicts.
- November 7 – National Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day: Raises awareness about canine lymphoma.
- November 8 – National STEM/STEAM Day: Promotes the teaching and learning of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics subjects.
- November 9 – World Freedom Day: Celebrates the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of communist rule in Central and Eastern Europe.
- November 10 – Marine Corps Birthday: Celebrates the establishment of the United States Marine Corps.
- November 10 – World Science Day for Peace and Development: Highlights the significant role of science in society and the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues.
- November 11 – Veterans Day: Honors military veterans who have served in the United States Armed Forces.
- November 25 – Thanksgiving: An American holiday to give thanks, enjoy family gatherings, and share meals.
- November 26 – Black Friday: A day for promotional sales at the start of the Christmas shopping season.
- November 27 – Small Business Saturday: Encourages people to shop at small local businesses.
- November 29 – Cyber Monday: An online shopping day with many sales and discounts
What are some national observances in India during November?
November in India is marked by several national observances including Diwali, Guru Nanak Jayanti, and several regional festivals such as Kannada Rajyothsava and Chhath.
When is Diwali celebrated in November 2023?
Diwali is celebrated on 14th November 2023, marking one of the most significant festivals in India.
What is the significance of Guru Nanak Jayanti?
Guru Nanak Jayanti commemorates the birth of Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, and is celebrated with great reverence, especially among the Sikh community.