MBA Entrance Exams 2023: The MBA entrance exams are conducted in India for candidates who want to pursue their careers in business and administration core. The increase in demand for jobs and fewer vacancies has led many candidates to switch their careers from job to business. The MBA entrance exams or Master’s in Business and Administration exam is conducted in India by various national and state-level institutes for the students to pursue their dream from top colleges.
The motive to conduct the entrance exam is to make sure the candidate is eligible to avail admission to the top universities. Some of the unknown high-ranked colleges in the country are IIM, IIFT, and FMS. The exams such as CAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, IBSAT, SNAP, JMET etc are conducted in the country for the MBA courses. Candidates who want to know everything about these examinations must scroll down this article. Here, we have provided you with everything in your interest for the MBA Entrance Exams 2023.
Check Now >>> Play Quiz and Win Cash Daily
MBA Entrance Exams 2023
The master’s program in Business and administration is for those students who are undergraduates of any discipline. The MBA PG Course Entrance Examination is the best option to go for higher positions and placements rather than only pursuing BBA. The candidates must have pursued 3 years bachelor’s degree in any subject. A candidate who has scored an aggregate of 50% marks in BBA and a 45% minimum score for the reserved category can apply for this entrance exam. Students currently in their final year can also apply for this exam after fulfilling the asked criteria by the examination board. The top Business Administration Masters Programme Entrance Examination 2022 at national and state levels are described below.
MBA Entrance Examinations 2023 Quick Overview
|Course||Master’s in Business And Administration|
|Exams||CAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, IBSAT, SNAP, MAH-CET, TSICET, KMAT & TANCET etc|
|Exam-level||National & State level|
|Article Category||MBA Entrance Exams 2023|
|Exam eligibility||After pursuing BBA|
National Level Entrance Exams For MBA
MBA Entrance Exam in India conducted nationally are – CAT, CMAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, ATMA, and GMAT. The exams are conducted by different authorities upholding respective exams. The exams aim to provide MBA courses from top-level universities in India. The top-level national exams are described below in paragraphs.
1. Common Admission Test (CAT) MBA Entrance Exams 2023
Common Admission Test or C.A.T is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management(IIM). The Common Admission Test or CAT Exam is conducted in November month every year. It’s one of the top institutes in India whose score avails admission in 20 IIM colleges and 1000 other colleges. The CAT exams examination process exam pattern and other details have been pointed out below.
- Registration for the CAT exam is done online.
- The exam consists of objective-type questions and the number of marks allotted to the questions are as per the no. of marks and so the qualifying marks/cut-off.
- The exam duration is of 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- The question paper generally contains questions based on verbal ability, data interpretation, quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning.
- Official website of CAT
2. Common Management Admission Test or CMAT
The Common Management Admission Test or CMAT is conducted by the National Testing Agency and is the second largest entrance exam. The Common Management Admission Test is conducted in the time period between January and March months every year. The qualifying scores are accepted by more than 1000 colleges in all over India making it one of the most popular after CAT. The details regarding the CMAT exam have been pointed out below.
- The exam is computer-based Test means its mode is online.
- The exam duration used to be of 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- The question paper generally contains questions from quantitative technique, reasoning section, language comprehensions, general knowledge and innovation&enterepreneurship section.
- Official website of CMAT
3. Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT MBA Entrance Exams 2023
The exam is conducted by the Xavier Labour Relations Institute Jamshedpur and is a management entrance exam in India. Lakhs of candidates apply for this exam every year. The Xavier Aptitude Test is conducted every year on the first Sunday of January month. The Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT qualifying scores avails admission in more than 800 management institutes in India. The pointed overview of the XAT exam is as follows:
- The Xavier Aptitude Exam is a Computer Based Test.
- The exam is conducted every year on January’s first Sunday.
- The XAT question paper contains quantitative ability, English language, logical reasoning, decision making, and GK-type questions.
- Official website of XAT
4. Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP
The SNAP exam is conducted every year by Symbiosis International University. This national-level entrance examination motives to avail candidates admission to 16 Symbiosis International University. The candidates who appear for the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP can avail admission on the basis of SNAP scores in the universities that accepts SNAP scores. The SNAP exam is conducted every year in December month. The SNAP exams analysis is as follows:
- The SNAP exam is a Computer-Based Test.
- The exam duration is of 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- The candidates are qualified on the basis of their scores secured in general English, quantitative, data interpretation, data sufficiency, and analytical logical reasoning.
- Official website of SNAP
5. Management Aptitude Test or MAT
Management Aptitude Test MAT is a very popular national-level entrance exam which is conducted by the All India Management Association(AIMA). MAT is conducted four times in one year in the months of February, May, September, and December. The scores of this exam are widely accepted by more than 600 management institutes in India. The Management Aptitude Test or MAT details have been pointed out below.
- The MAT exam is conducted as a computer-based test, paper-based, ad Internet-based.
- The question paper has 200 questions.
- The duration to solve the question paper used to be of 150 minutes.
- The Indian&global environment, language comprehension, data analysis&sufficiency, mathematics skills, intelligence&critical reasoning are the subjects of the question paper is comprised of.
- Official website of MAT
6. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade or IIFT Exam
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the IIFT exam every year. The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade IIFT exam is one of the entrance exams which is conducted for a specific institute i.e, IIFT only. The exam scores are only accepted in the IIFT institutes which means you can’t go to another institute with IIFT scores. The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade or IIFT Exam is conducted online mode in December month every year. The IIFT exam pattern and other details are described below in points.
- The exam is conducted online mode.
- The exam has 120 minutes duration.
- The question paper observes objective-type questions.
- There we have 110 questions.
- The exam is conducted in over 200 cities.
- The questions are based on English comprehension, General Knowledge and awareness, logical reasoning, and quantitative analysis subjects.
- Official website of IIFT Exam
7. AIMS Test of Management or ATMA
The Association of Indian Management School Test for Management Admissions ATMA is a national-level exam entrance exam. The AIMS Test of Management or ATM is conducted by AIMS (Association of Indian Management). ATMA has a frequency of four which means it is conducted four times a year. In the month of February, May, July, and August. The scores scored in this exam are accepted by over more than 500 MBA colleges in India. The ATMA exam brief points are as follows:
- The exam is conducted in online mode as an internet-based test.
- The time given to solve the question paper is 180 minutes.
- The question paper is mainly comprised of questions from analytical reasoning skills, quantitative skills, and verbal skills.
- Official website of ATMA
8. KIITEE MBA Exam MBA Entrance Exams 2023
The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance examination is a national-level exam conducted by the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology. The institute along with other courses also offers MBA. The exam is conducted every year in January month. The scores of the KIITEE exam are accepted only for two programmes which are- MBA at KIIT university and MBA at KIIT School of Rural management. The brief points about the KIITEE exam are as follows:
- The KIITEE MBA Exam is conducted as a computer-based test.
- The question paper consists of 150 questions.
- The time allotted to solve the overall question paper is 2.5 hours which means 150 minutes.
- The four sections of the question paper have questions about quantitative aptitude, analytical reasoning, English, general knowledge, and the issue of social concern.
- Official website of the KIITEE Exam
9. NMIMS Management Aptitude Test or NMAT
The NMIMS Management Aptitude Test or NMAT is a national-level exam undertaken by the Graduate Management Admission Test GMAT. The exam is conducted at the national level which is conducted every year in the months between October and December. Its scores are widely accepted in top-level institutes of India. A candidate is given three chances for the examination. The brief points about this national-level NMAT exam are as follows:
- The exam is conducted as a computer-based test.
- The question paper has 108 multiple-choice questions.
- The time duration given to solve the question paper is 2 hours.
- The question paper contains questions on language skills, quantitative skills, and logical reasoning.
- Official website of NMAT
10. Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT
The Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT is a national-level exam conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council. The exam is conducted multiple times a year. The exam is conducted in the English language. The scores of the GMAT exam are accepted in most of the universities in India. The exams aim to provide candidates with a good quality of education in graduate management programs of business schools. The GMAT exam overview is as follows.
- The exam is conducted as a computer-based test.
- The question paper contains 80 questions multiple choice.
- The total time duration given to solve the question paper is 3 hours.
- The question paper contains questions from analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and verbal reasoning.
- Official website of GMAT
MBA Entrance Exams 2023 At State-level
The state-level exams for MBA are conducted in the different states of India by the state authorities or institutes. These exams also provide students with a good level of education in top colleges in the state. The most popular state-level exams for MBA courses are MAH CET, KMAT, AP-ICET, TSICET, TANCET, and HPU-MAT etc which have been described below.
1. Maharastra Common Entrance Test or MAH-CET
The MAH-CET is a state-level exam conducted every year by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharastra once a year. The exam is conducted in march month. Through Maharastra Common Entrance Test or MAH-CET, the students avail of admission to different management courses such as MBA, MMS, PGDBM & PGDM at various state-level colleges in Maharashtra. The key points of this MAH-CET MBA exam are as follows.
- The question paper contains 200 questions.
- The time duration to solve the overall question paper is 2.5 hours i.e, 150 minutes.
- The question paper of MAH-CET has 3 different sections which contain questions about- Verbal ability & reading comprehension, quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning.
- Official website of MAH-CET
2. Karnataka Management Aptitude Test or KMAT
The KMAT is a state-level management exam held three times a year in Karnataka state. The exam occurs in the months of May, July, and September every year. The KMAT 2022 will have an Internet-based mode of answering questions. The Karnataka Management Aptitude Test or KMAT avails admission in more than 169 colleges across the state. The exam is conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association whose scores are widely accepted in various state universities and institutes. The KMAT exam pattern is as follows:
- The exam will have an Internet-based mode.
- The question paper will be comprised of 120 questions.
- The time given to solve the question paper is 2 hours.
- The questions will have questions from language comprehension, mathematical skills, and basic aptitude sections.
- Official website of KMAT
3. Andhra Pradesh- Integrated Common Entrance Test or AP-ICET
The AP-ICET is a state-level management entrance exam conducted every year in Andhra Pradesh state. The exam is conducted every year in the AP state in the month of May. The AP-ICET exam is conducted by Sri Venkateshwar University, Tirupati on the behalf of APSCHE or Andhra Pradesh state council of Higher Education. The scores of this exam are widely accepted by various institutes across Karnataka state. The AP-ICET exam pattern is as follows:
- The exam is conducted in pen and paper mode.
- The total number of questions allotted in the question paper is 200.
- A total of 2.5 hours is given to solve the exam.
- The AP-ICET exam has three sections which are- mathematical ability, analytical ability and communication skills.
- Official website of AP-ICET
4. Telanagana state Integrated Common Entrance Test or TSICET
The TSICET is a state-level exam in Telangana state conducted every year for admission to MBA courses. The Telangana state Integrated Common Entrance Test scores are accepted at various institutes across the state for MBA courses. The question paper of Telanagana state Integrated Common Entrance Test is mainly categorized into three parts:
- Analytical ability
- Mathematical ability
- Communication ability
- Official website of TSICET
5. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET
The TANCET is a state-level exam conducted by Anna University, Chennai every year. The exam-conducting university is affiliated with the government of Tamil Nadu on behalf of whom the exam is conducted. The TANCET is a written based exam. The scores of the TANCET are accepted by several institutes under govt and private in the Tamil Nadu state. The TANCET exam brief points are as follows:
- The exam is conducted in the month of May.
- The question paper has 100 questions.
- The total time given to solve the question paper is 120 minutes.
- The written test will be based on the business studies analysis, comprehensions, quantitative ability, data sufficiency, and English usage section.
- Official website of TANCET
6. Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test or HPU MAT
The Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test is an institute-level entrance exam conducted every year to get admission into Himachal Pradesh University Business School. The exam pattern consists of four sections on which the question paper will be based.
- Logical reasoning
- Business environment
- Data Interpretation
- Arithmetic Comprehension
- Official website of HPU-MAT
7. ICFAI Buisness School Aptitude Test or IBSAT
The IBSAT is conducted every year by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education. This is an institute-level exam. The IBSAT scores are accepted in 9 ICFAI Business schools for the MBA and Ph.D. programs. The institute has a campus in cities – Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Banglore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune. A brief overview of the IBSAT exam is as follows.
- The IBSAT exam is an internet-based test.
- The exam has questions from the sections such as verbal ability, reading comprehension, quantitative aptitude, data adequacy, and data interpretation.
- Official website of IBSAT
8. Tata Insitute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test or TISSNET
The TISSNET is an institute-level exam conducted by the TATA Institute of Social Sciences which offers master’s programs in TISS institutes situated in different cities in India. The TISSNET exam pattern has been pointed out below.
- Social Sensitivity
- Analytical ability
- Contemporary issues
- Official website of TISSNET
Also, check the Bihar News home page for more information.
MBA Entrance Exams 2023 FAQs
Common Entrance Exam or CAT is the top-ranking entrance exam in India for an MBA course.
As per the analysis, the CMAT or Common Management Aptitude Test is considered as the easiest entrance level exam for MBA in India.