Mehuli Ghosh: Mehuli Ghosh is a well-known name in Indian Shooting sports. She has represented India on many international platforms in the junior category of shooting championships. Mehuli has also won many medals at various events. She won a silver medal in the 10m Air Rifle in the 2018 Commonwealth Games which were held in the Gold Coast, Australia. She is also ranked in the 6th and 3rd position in the world ranking of Asia. Recently in July 2022, she clinched the gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team at ISSF shooting World Cup in Korea. Find more details about the Mehuli Ghosh in the sections below.
Mehuli Ghosh Personal Details
Mehuli Ghosh was born on 20th November 2000. She hails from Kolkata, West Bengal. Mehuli has completed her education at Techno India Group Public School, Hooghly. 22 years old Mehuli has participated in various national and international shooting events in the junior category. She started her shooting career in 2014. Her mother and father are Nemai Ghosh and Metali Ghosh. Find other information in the table below.
Check Now >>> Earn Rewards by playing Quiz
|National Team||Junior Shooting Team|
|Born on||20 November 2000|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Parents||Mother- Metali Ghosh|
Father- Nemai Ghosh
|Favourite Sports Person||Abhinav Bindra, PV Sindhu|
|Favourite Food||Chinese and Bengali|
|Favourite Actors (Male)||Varun Dhavan, Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra|
|Hobbies||Watching Sports, Comedy and Horror Movies, Listening to Music|
|Education||Techno India Group Public School, Hooghly|
Mehuli’s Early Career
Mehuli Ghosh Started her shooting career in 2014. She joined the Serampore Rifle Club. Later she practised under the mentorship of the Arjuna Awardee Former Olympic finalist Mr Joydeep Karmarkar. She officially joined Joydeep Karmarkar Shooting Academy and took the proper training. After that, in 2016 she got a chance to participate in National Shooting Championship in Pune. She bagged a total of 2 gold medals and 7 silver medals in that championship. After that, in 2017 she clinched 8 gold and three bronze medals in the national championships held that year. She was also titled as the best shooter in that championship.
Mehuli Ghosh Professional Career
In 2017, she participated in the junior shooting championship which was organized in the Czech Republic. In that tournament, she finished in the 7th position. After that, in the Junior World Shooting Championship in Germany, Mehuli stood in the 17th position. In 2018, she scored 420.1 scores in the Asia Champion in 2017 in Wako City, Japan, and secured the quota place in Youth Olympics. She became the youngest Indian player to get 2 world-level medals (Bronze Medals) at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup, in Mexico. She is also the record holder of winning these medals in that championship.
After qualifying for the Australia commonwealth games in 2018, Mehuli won a silver medal in 10 meter Air Rifle in the women’s category. Again she clinched a gold medal at the South Asian Games in Nepal. In the year 2020, She was awarded the title “Female Young Athlete of The Year” at Sportstar Aces Awards 2020. She was again in news in July 2022 for winning the gold medal in the mixed double team in the 10-meter air rifle at the ISSF World cup which was organized in Changwon, Korea.
Achievements and Titles
|World Cup||(i) In the 2017 Czech Republic Shooting Championship, she stood in 7th position.|
(ii) Junior World Shooting Championship in Germany, Mehuli stood in the 17th position.
(iii) Won 2 (Bronze Medals at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup, in Mexico.
(iv) Won silver medal in 10 meter Air Rifle in women’s category at Australia commonwealth games in 2018.
(v) In July 2022 won a gold medal in the mixed double team in 10-meter air rifle at the ISSF World cup in Changwon, Korea.
|National Level||(i) 2016- 2 Gold and 7 Silver|
(ii) 2017- 8 Gold and 3 Bronze
|Awards||(i)In 2019, State Special Sports Award by CM Mamata Banerjee|
(ii)Female Young Athlete of The Year” at Sportstar Aces Awards in 2020
Mehuli’s Shooting Medal Tally
|World Championship 2018||Changwon, Korea||10-meter Air Rifle Women||Silver|
|World Championship 2022||Cairo, Egypt||10-meter Air Rifle Double||Bronze|
|ISSF World Cup 2022||Changwon, Korea||10-meter Air Rifle Mixed Double||Gold|
|Youth Olympic 2018||Buenos Aires, Argentina||10-meter Air Rifle||Silver|
|Commonwealth Games 2018||Gold Coast, Australia||10-meter Air Rifle||Silver|
|South Asian games 2019||Kathmandu, Nepal||10-meter Air Rifle||Gold|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Mehuli Ghosh
- Mehuli Ghosh has represented India at various shooting championships in the junior category. She along with her team partner Shahu Tushar Mane recently won a gold medal for India in ISSF shooting world cup held at Changwon, Korea.
- In an interview, Ghosh revealed that she gained her interest in shooting while watching a match on television in 2013. After that, she told her family about her interest and collected more information on the internet. Later in 2014, she started her professional training after joining Serampore Rifle Club, Kolkata. She quoted ” I found my interest in the shooting but it was not that well-known sport in India at that time. I started collecting information on it. My father struggled very hard to put the money into my training”.
- While training at Serampore Rifle Club she accidentally shot one of the members which resulted in her getting banned from the club. Later she joined Joydeep Karmarkar shooting Academy, where the Arjuna Awardee Joydeep Karmarka himself became her coach.
- After she was banned, she went into a depressing phase of her life. Her parents took her for psychological counselling. After getting out of it she was again happy and enthusiastic as she joined another training centre.
- Mehuli, as a sportsperson, also promotes fitness among people. She daily practices yoga at home to strengthen her concentrating power. She inspires a lot of the young generation to remain fit and healthy.
- In 2019, she was awarded the State Special Sports Award by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her excellent performance in the shooting.
- Mehuli is quite active on social media accounts. She has 7.6k followers on Instagram. She also has an official Twitter account where more than 9k people follow her.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appreciated her and also emailed her for her brilliant performance in sports.
- Mehuli revealed that she practices Karate and swimming in her spare time. She also loves to travel with her family. She has a special love for beaches.
- Mehuli Ghosh said in an interview that she is a fan of Abhinav Bindra and Joydeep Karmakar who is also her coach. She revealed that she has watched all the matches of Abhinav Bindra since she was 8 years old.
- Ghosh is an Environmentalist also and tries to contribute her part by planting a lot of trees and saplings at her home. She also advises people to plant more and avoids using environmentally hazardous things.
- In one of her media conversations, she said that she likes Bengali food and Chinese food but she does not like carrots in her food.
Mehuli Ghosh Boyfriend
Mehuli is a very focused sports player. She has never been in news for any romantic affair with anybody. As per her, it is time to focus on her career and the rest of the things can happen later. Ghosh has a very sincere image in the media and she only prioritizes her career and family over everything. So, as per media reports, she is single and does not have a boyfriend.
Who is Mehuli Ghosh?
Mehuli Ghosh is a well-known name in Indian Shooting sports. She has represented India on many international platforms in the junior category of shooting championships.
What is the age of Mehuli the shooter?
Mehuli is now 22 years old. She was born on 20th November 2000 in Kolkata.
What is the Height of Mehuli Ghosh?
Mehuli is 4’9″ tall in feet and inches.
Who is the coach of shooter Mehuli?
Mehuli is mentored by the Arjuna awardee olympian finalist, Mr Joydeep Karmarka.
Does Mehuli Ghosh have a boyfriend?
As per media reports, Mehuli does not have a boyfriend. She prioritizes her career over romantic relationships.