Mukesh Ambani: Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani is a well-renowned name in the list of richest people. Currently, he is on the list of the second richest man in India and the eighth richest man in the world. This Indian businessman has a net worth of US$ 93.8 billion. He is serving as the chairperson and Managing Director of one of the largest and dream companies which is also considered a Fortune Global 500 company, “Reliance Industry Limited (RIL)“. This article serves you with information related to the personal life, professional life, family, age, career, net worth, company, and work profile of Mukesh D. Ambani.
Life of Mukesh Ambani
There is a lot to do with Mukesh Ambani and Ambani families. Their personal and professional life, achievements and awards have always been in the limelight in the business world. He is a man of approx. $ 94 billion net worth. Here, you can find everything in brief and in an easy way. We will discuss Mukesh Ambani’s immediate family and his childhood, career, business, awards, achievements, luxury life, net worth, etc.
Check Now >>> Earn Rewards by playing Quiz
Mukesh Ambani belongs to the Gujarati family and is the eldest son of Dhirubhai Ambani and Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani. He was born on 19 April 1957 in Aden, a British Crown Colony and will complete 66 years of successful living in 2023. His father Dhirubhai Ambani was four brothers. They came to Mumbai altogether, where they laid the foundation of Reliance Commercial Corporation, which grew into Reliance Industry Limited. Mukesh Ambani has a younger brother Anil Ambani and 2 sisters, Nina Bhadrashyam Kothari and Dipti Dattaraj Salgaonkar
He was married to Nita Dalal (now Nita Mukesh Ambani), an Indian philanthropist and now founder of Reliance Foundation and Dhirubhai Ambani International School and director of Reliance Industries. He has 3 children, which include a daughter and 2 sons, (Isha Ambani, Anant and Akash Ambani). Isha Ambani and Akash Ambani are twins.
Mukesh Ambani’s Education Details
Mukesh Ambani started his educational career at Hill Grange High School in Mumbai and pursued his higher education at one of the reputed colleges St. Xavier’s College Mumbai. Further, he attended the Institute of Chemical Technology for BE Chemical Engineering. When he completed his bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Bombay, he was sent to Stanford University to pursue a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA).
His father Dhirubhai Ambani made him withdraw from his master’s degree because according to him real-life skills are harnessed through experience and not by sitting in the classroom and understanding it theoretically. So, he decided to call his son back to India in the year 1980 and made him enter his business i.e. a yarn manufacturing project.
In an interview, he said, that he was very much inspired by two of his professors, William F. Sharpe and Man Mohan Sharma because they were the kind of professors who made their students think out of the box and always forced them to think uniquely.
Mukesh Ambani and his Professional life
By the year 1981, he already entered his family business, and it was a time when Reliance Commercial Corporation was on the step of expansion and was ready to be Reliance Industry Limited. The Ambani business included products and services in retail telecommunications industries, renowned by Jio services which were launched on 5 September 2016. In 2016, Mukesh Ambani was ranked as the 36th richest person on the list of the world’s richest and now in 2023, he is the 16th world richest according to the world report.
Achievements of Mukesh Ambani
|1980||Licence for PFY (polyester filament yarn)|
|2006||He was invited to join the India Economic Summit of (WEF), the World Economic Forum|
|2007||Mukesh Ambani became the first trillionaire. The Press Trust of India and the Economic Times newspaper declared him as the richest man.|
He became the owner of the Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
|2010||The company successfully built the world’s largest grassroots petroleum refinery at Jamnagar.|
Founded on the Jio platform, which was a subsidiary of RIL dedicated to telecommunications and e-commerce.
|2013||A collaborative venture with Bharti Airtel|
|2014||Invested Rs 1.8 trillion across businesses.|
|2015||Launched 4G broadband services on December 27, 2015|
|2016||Launched Jio smartphone in September|
|2020||He became the only Indian to get his picture and article in Forbes magazine for a decade|
|2020||Ranked 6th wealthiest person|
Mukesh Ambani Life at “Antilia”
Mukesh Ambani is the richest man and is fond of luxury life and many expensive things like, teapots specially made in Japan, private jets, cars, luxurious house in India as well as in London, and many more. Let us have a look at some of the most expensive items which are owned by the billionaire.
- Mukesh Ambani’s house ‘Antilia’ which was named after a mythical island which is believed to be situated somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean near Portugal and Spain, costs around 15,000 crores.
- It is situated at Altamount Road, Mumbai.
- Antilia is constructed by following ‘Vastu’ completely.
- It has a total of 27 floors and is made in 4,00,000 sq ft. by Perkins & Will and Hirsch Bender Associates from Chicago, USA under the guidance of Nita Ambani and Mukesh Ambani.
- The key attractions: Antilia has a 6-floor parking area, private movie theatre, 3 helipads, hanging garden, personal ice cream parlour, etc.
|Mercedes Maybach 62||6.0 litre, V12 engine||INR 2.50 crores|
|Mercedes Maybach S560||INR 2.3 Crore|
|BMW 760Li||Z-level security, Twin Power Turbo|
12-cylinder engine, power 600.7 bhp
|INR 10 crore|
|Aston Martin Rapide||5935cc, V12 engine, quad overhead camshelf||INR 1.32 crores|
|Rolls-Royce Cullinan||ultra-luxurious SUV, Tuscan colour||~INR 14.14 crore|
- The Falcon 900EX: Mukesh Ambani owns his personal Falcon 900 EX private jet, equipped with a luxurious entertainment system, high-quality music systems, wireless communications and personal satellite. It can attain a maximum speed of 440 kmph and has a range of 4,500nm. It costs around 33 crores INR. Falcon 900 EX has the capacity to attain 14 passengers in luxury seats.
- Airbus A319: In the list of expensive things, Mukesh Ambani also has the Airbus A319, which is a portable 5-star hotel. it has all the functions like that of a five-star hotel. It can carry up to 18 passengers. The aeroplane is divided into Cockpit, VIP quarters and the main sitting area. VIP quarters are attained with personalised amenities with every seat and a temperature control facility for every individual is provided.
- Palm Jumeirah Manor: Aside from owning luxurious cars, and private jets, he is the owner of a swanky manor at Dubai’s Palm Jumeirah, which is worth Rs. 1350 crore. He purchased it from the family of Kuwaiti tycoon Mohammed Alshaya.
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani’s Position in Reliance
After the death of industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani, the mother Kokilaben Ambani decided to share reliance industries between the 2 sons, Mukesh and Anil Ambani. Mukesh Ambani received control of the gas, oil and petrochemicals unit and the rest was given to Anil Ambani. Till then Mukesh Ambani has grown himself into various platforms, which are as follows:
- Currently, he is a Member of the Board of Governors Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai.
- He is a former chairman of Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Limited and former vice-chairman of Reliance Petroleum.
- He is Chairman of the board at Reliance Petroleum.
- He is currently handling the position of Chairman, Managing Director, Chairman of the Finance Committee and Member of the Employees Stock Compensation Committee at Reliance Industries Limited, Chairman of the Audit Committee of Reliance Retail Limited and Chairman of Reliance Exploration and Production DMCC.
- He serves as the President of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- He was also a former Director, Member of the Credit Committee and Member of the Compensation and Benefits Committee at Bank of America Corporation.
Mukesh Ambani: Awards
|2000||Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst and Young India|
|2010||1. Global Vision Award at The Awards Dinner by Asia Society|
2. Business Leader of the Year by NDTV India
3. Businessman of the Year by Financial Chronicle.
4. School of Engineering and Applied Science Dean’s Medal by the University of Pennsylvania.
5. 5th-best performing global CEO by Harvard Business Review.
6. Global Leadership Award from the Business Council for International Understanding.
7. Honorary Doctorate (Doctor of Science) by M.S. University of Baroda.
|2013||Millennium Business Leader of the Decade at India Leadership Conclave and Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards|
|2016||1. Foreign associate, U.S. National Academy of Engineering by the National Academy of Engineering.|
2. Othmer Gold Medal by Chemical Heritage Foundation
News about Mukesh Ambani
- In 2007, Mukesh Ambani was fined Rs. 950 crores in charge of stock manipulation.
- Recently, Ambani was all over the news because of the huge star-studded event organised by the Ambani family on the occasion of Anant Ambani’s engagement with Radhika Merchant.
- A recent speech by Sir Mukesh Ambani was delivered during “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav”, explaining the communication telecom declaring that they are ready for becoming Asia Mobile Congress and Global Mobile Congress from being India Mobile Congress.
|To Read More||Bihar News Homepage|
What are the expensive things of Mukesh Ambani?
Mukesh Ambani is the owner of many expensive items-
2. The Falcon 900 EX
3. Airbus A319
4. Mercedes Maybach 62
5. BMW 760 Li
6. Palm Jumeirah manor
7. Stoke Park in the UK
What was the Lifestyle of Mukesh Ambani’s family before becoming rich?
Earlier his family lived in a two-bedroom apartment in Bhuleshwar, Mumbai until the 1970s, when his condition started to improve, but still then he lived in a communal society, used public transportation, and never received an allowance
What is Mukesh Ambani’s Net Worth?
Mukesh Ambani net worth is $84 billions.
Which watch does Ambani wear?
Mukesh Ambani is always seen wearing a Sapphire Richard Mille RM056 watch worth Rs.473,115,970.