PAN Aadhaar Link: On 18 March 2023, the Income Tax of India announced the last date for linking PAN and Aadhaar for the citizens of India. The department said that everyone who does not fall into the category of exempt needs to get the said documents linked before the Aadhaar Pan Link Last Date i.e.
31 March 2023 30th June 2023. Since this news came out, everyone must be wondering about the process for PAN Aadhaar Link. Furthermore, people who have linked their Aadhaar with their PAN must want to know the process for checking the PAN Aadhaar Link Status.
To provide you with answers to the above-mentioned queries, we present this article today. Here, we will discuss the complete procedure for linking your Aadhaar Card to your PAN. Moreover, we will also discuss the method to check your link status for PAN Aadhaar. So, do check out this complete article through to the end.
Table of Contents
Check Now >>> Earn Rewards by playing Quiz
PAN Aadhaar Link
To opt for PAN Aadhaar Link, a very simple process is needed to be followed by you. For this, you can use the e-Filling Portal of the Income Tax Department. Here, you can do the PAN-Aadhaar Link with the help of your PAN Number, Aadhaar Number and Valid Mobile Number. Moreover, you also have to pay the PAN Aadhaar Link fee i.e. Rs. 1000/- to link both documents. The complete details regarding the linking process for Aadhaar Card Pan Card along with other essential information are in the rest of the article.
The last date to link PAN Aadhaar has been extended by three months
पैन-आधार लिंकिंग: Quick Overview
|The topic of the Article||PAN Aadhaar Link|
|Organized By||Income Tax Department of India|
|Details Required for PAN-Aadhaar Linking||PAN Card Number |
Aadhaar Card Number
A Valid Mobile Number
|Mode of Linking||Online|
|Last date for Linking the Documents|
|Required Fee||Rs. 1000/-|
|Mode of Payment for the Fee||Through a Challan on Protean (NSDL) Portal|
|Income Tax Department Official Website||https://www.incometax.gov.in/|
Aadhaar-PAN Link Exempt Categories
The following is the list of Exempte Categories for the Aadhaar-PAN Link as per the Income Tax Department of India. People who belong to these categories can link their documents under any circumstances whatsoever.
- All Non-Resident Indians cannot link their PAN with their Aadhaar.
- Everyone who is not a citizen of India cannot opt for PAN-Aadhaar linking.
- People whose age is above 80 are also exempted from Aadhaar-PAN linking.
- People who reside in Assam/ Mehalaya/ Jammu and Kashmir can also not link both of their documents.
How to Link Aadhaar to PAN?
The following are the steps that you will go through while linking your Aadhaar with your PAN. During this process, you must possess all the required prerequisites that we mentioned earlier.
- In the first step of this process, you must head to the official portal of the Income Tax Department by using the web address https://www.incometax.gov.in/.
- On the homepage of the website, you need to tap on the “Link Aadhaar” option given under the Quick Links section.
- After this, you will be taken to the page where you have to enter your PAN Number and Aadhaar Number in the two provided spaces.
- Once you enter both these details successfully, a new page will open on your screen.
- On this page, you will need to provide your personal details and enter your mobile number.
- Now, on the mobile number you entered an OTP will be sent to you.
- Enter this OTP on the next page and verify your details.
- After the OTP verification, you need to select the option for the e-Payment of the required fee.
- To make the payment of this fee, you must select AY as 2023-24 and the type of payment as (500) Other Receipts.
- Once the payment is successfully done, you will receive a confirmation for it and a challan will be generated.
- Now, after your payment details are verified, you can select the “Link Aadaar” option at the bottom.
- Your request for PAN Aadhaar Link will now be submitted.
Check PAN Aadhaar Link Status Online
For those who have sent the request for the Aadhaar-PAN Link and want to check its status, the following process can be used for Incometax.gov.in Aadhaar Pan Link Status
- First of all, visit the Income Tax Department’s official portal.
- Here, under the Quick Links section select the “Link Aadhaar Status” option.
- After this, on the next page enter your Aadhaar Number and PAN Number and tap on the option that reads “View Link Aahaar Status” at the bottom.
- Now, if your Aadhaar-PAN linking process is not completed yet then you will see a note “Your Aadhaar-PAN Linking Request has been sent to UIDAI for Validation”.
- Furthermore, if the linking is successful then you see “Your PAN (PAN Number) is already linked to given Aadhaar (Aadhaar Number)”.
- This way you can easily check your PAN Aadhaar Link Status.
Benefits of Aadhaar-PAN Linking
The following benefits are provided to everyone who successfully links their Aadhaar and PAN.
- If your Aadhaar is linked with your PAN then it will be relatively easier for the Income Tax Department to find out any form of tax evasion.
- Aadhaar-PAN linking makes the filing of Income Tax Returns for you much easier. This is because, with both your documents linked, you do not need to present any other proof to the department for filing Income Tax returns.
- It also prevents the possibility of one person possessing more than one PAN Card.
|Register Online For||PAN Aadhaar Link|
|Follow For The Latest Updates||Bihar NEWS Homepage|
What will happen if I do not link my PAN to my Aadhaar as per the given deadline?
If you fail to link your PAN to your Aadhaar within the given deadline then your unlinked PAN Card will become inoperative from the very next day.
Do I need to be registered with the Income Tax Department portal for PAN Aadhaar Link?
No, both registered and unregistered users can link their respective documents on the department’s official portal.
Who should I contact for queries regarding the linking of PAN and Aadhaar?
You can contact the helping numbers -033 40802999 and 03340802999. Moreover, you can also submit your queries via email at the email address [email protected].