PGCIL Recruitment 2023 (Last Date Today): Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) 2023, invites interested candidates for the post of Engineer Trainee. The Ministry of Power Government of India has released openings in the Field of Engineers in Electrical/Electronics and Communication/ IT and also for the Field Supervisor in Electrical, Electronics and Communication. As per the notification, Electrical has 83 seats whereas Civil has received 20 seats, 20 for Electronics and 20 for Computer Science, in total 138 vacancies are available. Interested eligible candidates can apply for the PGCIL Recruitment 2023 till 18 April 2023 at the official website www.powergrid.in.
PGCIL Recruitment 2023
PGCIL stands for Power Grid Corporation of India Limited 2023. It is a Maharatna Public Sector Enterprise, supported by the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India. This organization is known for its power supply, and to support for the work in the organization. It has recently opened applications for the PGCIL Recruitment 2023. This article is all about the application form and the procedure of application for engineering trainees, where we will focus on how to apply and what are the benefits of applying to PGCIL.
Check Now >>> Earn cash rewards by playing Quiz
Power Grid Engineer Trainee Recruitment 2023: Highlights
|Recruitment Organisation||Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)|
|Post||Engineer Trainee (Electrical/ Electronics/ Civil/Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Graduate in Engineering with minimum 60% and GATE 2023 qualified|
|Application fee||Rs. 500/- (Non- refundable)|
|Pay scale and monthly salary||Starting salary- Rs. 25,000/- per month, Pay Scale- Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1,40,000/- (IDA)|
|Training period||1 year|
|Job Location||Across India|
|For Queries||[email protected]|
PGCIL Recruitment through GATE: Important dates
|Commencement of Online application & Fees submission duration to Power Grid||27 March 2023 (17:00 hrs)|
|Last date of application submission through online mode||18 April 2023 (23:59 hrs)|
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Government Jobs Opening, Results & Schemes updates.
PGCIL Recruitment 2023 Number of Posts
PGCIL is offering a total of 138 vacancies, in the recruitment of the 2023 intake. The PGCIL Recruitment 2023 Number of Posts is divided into different sections. Let’s have a look at the number of seats allotted to different sections.
Power Grid Engineer Trainee Eligibility Criteria 2023
It is important to know the eligibility of the exam or job you are applying for. The authority has also released the Power Grid Engineer Trainee Eligibility Criteria 2023 for the selection of candidates. To know more about the eligibility read further:
- Candidates should pass GATE 2023 with a qualifying score. For applying to PGCIL, the GATE score is very important and the qualifying marks are to be declared by the GATE 2023 organizing body. PGCIL may also look for the GATE 2023 scores for PGCIL Recruitment 2023, which is completely position dependent.
- Age Limit: Candidate should be of 28 years on 31.12.2022.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates are required to have B.E., B.Tech, B.Sc (Engg.) degree (full time) from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Final year or semester students who are expecting their results by 14 August 2023 are also eligible for applying. Such candidates are required to give their pre-final marks while filling out the application. If later, due to any reason, they do not fulfil the requirement of a minimum percentage, their candidature will automatically be cancelled.
PGCIL Recruitment through GATE Application Procedure
Since PGCIL has announced the last date to apply i.e. 18 April 2023, we suggest the candidates fill out the form before it gets too late. Let us further see PGCIL Recruitment through GATE Application Procedure. In addition, candidates are required to have their GATE 2023 registration number and other required information as well.
- Step 1: To apply online, for the available posts, candidates have to register themselves at the website www.powergrid.in.
- Step 2: Click on the careers, to know more about careers in PGCIL.
- Step 3: The career link will make the drop-down box where you will find the “Opening” link. Click on that link, and this will redirect you to the PGCIL Recruitment 2023 page.
- Step 4: On the Opening page, you will be able to find all the latest updates related to your career in PGCIL
- Step 5: Scroll down on the opening page, and click on the given links to register, apply and log in.
- Step 6: Click the “Click here to Apply”, to apply for the recruitment procedure. This will take you to the application page.
- Step 7: To apply click on “Please Select a Discipline”, a list of disciplines will drop down and you have to select one as per your degree out of the four i.e. Electrical, Civil, Electronics, Computer Science. After this step, you are ready to fill out the form.
- Step 8: Enter the GATE Registration no. displayed on the Admit card. Fill in the number carefully, no second chance will be given to correct the number or the form.
- Step 9: Fill in the rest of the details in the application form carefully. Provide an alternative email to POWERGRID so that they can reach you easily.
- Step 10: Once you have completed the application form, click on the submit link at the bottom of the page and submit the application form. After the successful submission, the system will generate the password and unique POWERGRID registration number.
- Step 11: Keep the unique Id and the password secured with you, without the Id and password you won’t be able to log in.
- Step 12: With the login Id and password, log in to the candidate’s login section to deposit the application fee, of Rs 500/- through online mode. Only SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM/Departmental candidates are exempted from application fees.
To apply for PGCIL Recruitment 2023, you will be required to have some set of documents which are listed further.
- GATE Admit card number, (pdf file, maximum size 1MB)
- GATE score card
- Graduation degree
- Marksheet of B.E., B.Tech, B.Sc (Engg.). (Pdf file, size 1MB)
- Domicile certificate
- PwD certificate, if you come in the PwD category
- POWERGRID Employee details, if any person in your family is already in POWERGRID.
- Bank Details
- Passport size photo, (.jpg file, Max. size 50 kb)
- Signature photo, (.jpg file, Max. size 30 kb)
- Birth Certificate proof, (Pdf file Max. size 1 MB)
PGCIL Engineer Trainee Recruitment 2023 Selection Procedure
The window to fill out the application form will be closed on 18 April 2023. After you are done with the complete process of filling out the form you have to undergo the following process. Check the PGCIL Engineer Trainee Recruitment 2023 Selection Procedure below:
- Candidates are required to download the complete form and print it for further reference.
- Candidates that clear the eligibility criteria will be called for the GD and interview. These candidates are supposed to carry their GATE 2023 admit card and GATE scorecard 2023 for their identity verification.
- Other than this, candidates will have to carry their valid photo ID, and photocopies of the original identification documents for the interview.
PGCIL 2023: Important Links
|To Apply Online||PGCIL Recruitment Application Link|
|For Latest Information||PGCIL Engineer Trainee Latest Notification Pdf |
PGCIL Eligibility and Vacancies
|To Read More||Bihar News Homepage|
How many seats have been allotted to PGCIL course-wise and in total?
PGCIL Recruitment 2023 has a total of 138 vacancies divided into different departments, 38 to electrical and 20 each to civil, computer science and electronics.
PGCIL Recruitment for 2023 is for which position?
PGCIL has announced recruitment for the year 2023, for the Engineer Trainee position only.
Is GATE required for Power Grid Engineer Trainee 2023?
Yes, the GATE scorecard and GATE admit card is required for recruitment. Without these two you will be disqualified.