PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) back in 2020 during the first wave of Covid-19 to help the poor people by distributing rations to the poor people so that they don’t face any problem in future. Since 2020, the scheme has been running successfully and provided rations to many needy people living in the country.
Receiving a positive response from the citizens towards the scheme, the government decided to extend the time period of distributing rations to all needy ration holders till 30th September 2022, and let us inform you that there is no application process to get the benefit of PM Garib Kalyan scheme 2023. We will give you all kinds of information related to PM Garib Kalyan Yojana in this article.
Check Now >>> Play Quiz and Win Cash Daily
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023
Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, the government will distribute 1kg dal, 1 kg rice & 5 kg wheat to the needy ones, and around Rs.90,000 Crore has been decided as a budget to smoothly run the scheme till Sep 2022 without any disturbances. Under the National Food Security Act, only the card holders can avail the benefit of this scheme. Stick to this page and try to collect details about PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023.
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY)|
|Initiated By||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Benefit||to supply free rations to the country’s citizens|
|Beneficiaries||residents of country|
|Status of Scheme||Active|
Objective of PM-GKY 2023
Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the PM-GKY 2023 with the aim that any individual shouldn’t sleep at night with an empty stomach at night. He also wanted to make the lives of poor people easy by providing them with the basic rations need so that the family can survive the lockdown easily without roaming on roads for food.
Benefits of PMGKY 2023
The list of benefits that the cardholder will get from the Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Yojana 2023 are as follows:
- 80 crore poor people will get 5 kg of wheat or rice and 1 kg of preferred pulses for free every month for the next three months.
- 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders to get Rs 500 per month for the next three months.
- Till now, 2.65 tonnes of matric ration have been distributed to 5.29 crore people so far by the government.
- Increase in MNREGA wage from Rs.182 to Rs.202 a day to benefit 13.62 families.
Facilities Received From PMGKY
The list of various facilities that were received from the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana are:
- The amount of Rs.9,930 crore was directly transferred to the bank account of 19.86 crore beneficiaries of the Jan Dhan Yojana.
- An insurance scheme of Rs.50,00,0000 was given to the front line workers (doctors, nurses & corona warriors).
- Under PM Kisan Yojana, the government transferred Rs.14,946 crore to the bank account of 7.47 crore poor farmers.
- Under the Ujjawala scheme, 97.8 lakh cylinders were given to the citizens of the country.
- The government also released the fund amount of Rs.31,000 Crore for the country’s construction workers.
- Under the scheme, the government will also give financial help by transferring money into the bank account of poor old people, disabled and widowed women.
- The government also started the facility of taking loans of Rs.20,00,000 for Self Help Groups.
PM Garib Kalyan Scheme Status
The status of the PM Garib Kalyan scheme since its commencement are expressed in the following pointers:
- Rs.611 crores were sent into the bank account of 27.5 lakhs MNREGA workers under the Labour Allowance scheme.
- The help amount of Rs.1,600 lakh crore was transferred to the bank accounts of all the farmers in the form of a direct bank transfer of Rs.2,000 so that they don’t face any problems during the lockdown time period.
EPF under PM-GKY 2023
The employees will be provided with the Employee Provident Fund for 03 months by the central government. The fund will be received by the EPF Contribution Center in which a 24% contribution will be given to the employee by the government in the EPF account of the employee. A company in which 100 or more employees whose salary is Rs.15,000 will get the benefit.
Amount dispersed under PMGKY 2023
As we all know that all the transactions were done online medium which made people believe in cash-free transactions and also promoted the digital platform during the lockdown. As per the reports, an amount of Rs.28,256 crore by the government to the poor people of the country during the lockdown time frame. Under the Jan Dhan scheme, Rs.500 will be transferred into the bank account of all the people for 03 months.
Other schemes of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023
The list of other schemes that were announced along with the PM-GKY or come under the yojana is as follows:
- Doctor Insurance Scheme: All those doctors and nurses who were standing on their toes 24×7 during the covid-19 and were giving their best to save patients will get insurance of Rs.50 lakh so that they can also be protected. In case anything happens to them then their insurance amount will get transferred to their family members.
- Deendayal Scheme for Self-Help Groups: Women who are registered under the Deendayal Yojana will be given a loan amount of Rs.20,00,000 to empower working women. Apart from this, an assistance amount of Rs.500 will be transferred by the government to them every 03 months.
- PM Garib Kalyan Divyang Pension Scheme: Under the Divyang Pension Scheme, those people who are physically challenged will be provided with a pension scheme of Rs 1,000 for 3 months by the government, and this amount will be transferred directly to the benefit. Due to this, they will get money in their bank account at the same time.
- LPG / BPL Gas Cylinder Scheme: 97.8 lakh cylinders have been distributed to 8 crore poor citizens of the country. The government has announced to provide free LPG gas cylinders for 3 months under the Ujjwal scheme for the people living below the poverty line.
How to apply for PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023?
We are feeling glad by informing you that there is no such registration or application process to get the benefits of PM Garib Kalyan Yojana. An individual with a ration card/aadhaar card is eligible to apply for the yojana. The cardholder can buy rations at cheap prices from the ration shops by showing their ration card. For more details about the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, you can visit the official website.
When Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana was started?
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the PMGKY back in the year 26th March 2020 to give financial help to the poor people of the country.
How many people have been covered under the scheme till now?
Till now, free rations have been distributed to the 80 crore citizens of the country, in which 201 tones of food were distributed continuously for 05 months by the government to the poor families.
What is the insurance amount for the corona warriors under the PM-GKY 2023?
The insurance amount decided by the government under the PM-GKY which the corona warrior will get is Rs.50 lakhs.
How many families will be provided with the facility of free cylinders?
97.8 lakh cylinders have been distributed to 8 crore poor citizens of the country. The government will provide free LPG gas cylinders for 3 months under the Ujjwal scheme for the people living below the poverty line.
How to apply for Garib Kalyan Yojana?
Although there isn’t any registration or application process to get the benefit that comes under the Garib Kalyan Yojana. But if you want to apply for the scheme, then you can visit the Gram Panchayat office or the Municipality office.
What amount was given to the women registered under the Jan Dhan Yojana?
The women registered under the Jan Dhan Yojana were given Rs.500 for 3 months by the government.
Dear reader, through this post we shared all kinds of information related to the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023. If you still have any doubts, then you are most welcome to drop your comments below, and our team will revert you back by solving your doubt as soon as possible. You can also bookmark our page for more updates or articles.