In the Academic year 2006-07, the Department of Ex-Serviceman Welfare introduced the Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme (PMSS). Here, dependent wards and widows of the Ex-Serviceman (ESM) or Ex-Coast Guard Personnel will receive scholarships. The concerned authority will select 5500 male and female candidates. The motive of the PMSS Scholarship 2023 is to inspire the eligible beneficiary to pursue professional and technical courses in education. Aspirants aspiring for the scholarship can scroll down the article for more authentic information and fill up the form accordingly.
PMSS Scholarship 2023
Presently, the PMSS Scholarship Form 2023 is available on the ksb.gov.in website. Candidates can check their eligibility and fill out the form within the specified time. Students availing of the scheme’s benefits can apply for its renewal. The concerned authority will verify the application and select the candidates accordingly. The selected candidates will avail of assigned scholarship amounts on an annual basis. The girl candidates will receive Rs 3000 and Rs 2500 will be given to boys of the ESM/Ex-Coast Guard Personnel.
प्रधानमंत्री छात्रवृत्ति योजना 2023: At a Glance
|Topic of Article||Scholarship|
|Name of the Scholarship||Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)|
|Concerned Authority||Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat|
|Name of the Department||Department of Ex-Serviceman Welfare|
|Beneficiary||Wards and Widows of Deceased Army Personnel|
|Funded by||National Defence Fund|
|Objective||To inspire Technical and Post-Graduation Education|
|Scholarship Amount||For Boys: Rs 2500|
For Girls: Rs 3000
Total: Rs 5500
|Total Number of Selection||5500 Widows/Wards|
|Duration of the Scholarship||1 to 5 years|
|Status of Scholarship Application||Available|
|Application Ends On||30 November 2023|
- PM YASASVI 2023 Result
- CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023
- Rolls-Royce Unnati Scholarship for Women Engineering Students 2023
- TATA Scholarship 2023-24
PMSS ESM/Ex Coast Guard Personnel Ward Scholarship Eligibility 2003
Only eligible candidates can become the beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme 2023. The criteria that make them eligible are listed below.
- Students pursuing 1st year in any course can apply for the scholarship.
- Integrated Course and lateral Entry course candidates are ineligible.
- Aspirants studying in such a course where 1st year is academic and 2nd year is part of the professional course can apply for it.
- A minimum of 60% marks should be scored in 12th standard, diploma, or graduation.
- Ex-Servicemen & Ex-Coast Guard personnel widows and dependent wards are eligible for the scholarship.
- Para Military Personnel or civilian wards are ineligible for the scholarship.
List of Eligible Courses
Candidates applying for the scholarship must be aware of the courses authorized by the officials. The list of courses eligible for the scholarship is given below.
- Professional Degree Courses consist of MBBS, B.ed, BBA, BCA, B.Pharma, BDS, B.Tech, BE, etc.
- Students pursuing Postgraduation from any course except the MBA and MCA are not eligible to apply.
- Distance Learning Education and Abroad Courses don’t come under the scholarship.
To know the elaborative details of the eligible courses, students can hit the pdf link providing the list of courses eligible for scholarship.
Documents required for Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme
Until now, aspirants must have verified their eligibility and are ready to apply for the scholarship. Before that, applicants must scan a copy of the documents below to upload in the application form.
- Image and Signature
- Bonafide Certificate signed by the Head of the Institute/College
- Certificate of Undertaking Form Student
- Aadhar Linked Certificate signed by the SBI or PNB Branch Manager
- Semester or Academic Year Original Marksheet
- Bank Pass Book First Page or Cancelled Cheque
- Aadhar Card presenting Name and Address.
Apply Online for PMSS Scholarship 2023
Finally, eligible applicants can complete the scholarship form by following the sequential steps. It is to notify candidates that the officials will only accept the complete form without any erroneous information. Now, candidates can proceed to the application process.
- First and foremost, view the PMSS ESM/Ex Coast Guard Personnel Ward Scholarship Official Website 2023: http://ksb.gov.in
- Go to the PMSS section and hit the New Application or Renewal Application button.
- After that, insert the information asked in the form and upload the documents listed in the above section of the article.
- Review the form and hit the Submit icon.
- Lastly, command the respective device to print the scholarship form for future reference.
PMSS Scholarship 2023: Important Links
Basic Queries Related to the PMSS Scholarship
What will be the scholarship duration for the beneficiary?
The eligible beneficiary will be given a scholarship within one to five years.
How many candidates will be selected for the specified academic year?
The concerned authority will select 5500 eligible applicants for the scholarship.
What is the amount given under the scholarship?
Under the scholarship, girl candidates will receive Rs 3000 and Rs 2500 will be received by the male applicants annually.