UPSC CDS II Exam: The aspirant of Combined Defence Services can now apply for the examination on UPSC Portal. The Union Public Service Commission UPSC released the notification for the exam on 18 May 2022. The candidates will have to apply online in order to confirm their candidature for the examination. UPSC CDS II Exam online application form is out on the portal. Check various details pertaining to the exam application form such as the Number of Vacancies, Eligibility Criteria, CDS 2 Exam Syllabus, Application Procedure, Documents, and much here in the following article.
UPSC CDS II Exam 2022
The Union Public Service Commission released the notification pdf for Combined Defence Services 2 Examination. The aspirants must observe that the examination application form is now available on the portal from 18 May 2022. The application commenced on the same day. The candidates will have to apply prior to the deadline on 7 June 2022. All the details must be filled in correctly in the examination application form. The authorities will shortlist the applicable candidates on the basis of the information in the form. The eligible applicants will be allowed to appear for the exam. These prospects will be issued UPSC CDS II admit cards that need to be taken to the examination hall on the day of the exam.
UPSC CDS II Exam: Important Dates and Highlights
|Name of the Examination||Combined Defense Services or CDS 2 Examination|
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission or UPSC|
|Number of Post||5|
|Examination Date||4 September 2022|
|Start Date for Application||18 May 2022|
|Application Deadline||14 June 2022|
UPSC CDS 2 – Total Posts
The following vacancies have been announced by the Union Public Service Commission. The aspirants will have to appear for the Combined Defense Services CDS II Examination in order to fill these vacancies. A total of 339 vacancies have been announced for 5 posts by the UPSC. Check the detailed opening here:
|1.||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||22|
|3.||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|4.||Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||169|
|5.||Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||16|
Combined Defense Services Exam 2 Eligibility Conditions
The aspirants must observe that they will be eligible to appear for the examination only if they are eligible for the vacancies. The applicants need to observe the following eligibility conditions prior to the application:
- The candidate should be unmarried. Divorcees or Widowers will not be considered unmarried.
- The candidate has to be Indian by nationality or a subject of Nepal or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from countries accepted by the Indian Countries for recruitment.
- The candidates must observe the subsequently listed age limit criteria:
- Indian Military Academy IMA: Born not before 2 January 1999 and not after 1 January 2004.
- Indian Naval Academy: Born not before 2 January 1999 and not after 1 January 2004.
- Air Force Academy: Lower age limit specified as 20 years and upper age limit as 24 years as of January 1, 2023. Born not before 2 January 1999 and not after 1 January 2003.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men): Born not before 2 January 1998 and not after 1 January 2004
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Born not before 2 January 1998 and not after 1 January 2004
Apply Online for UPSC CDS 2 Exam at upsconline.nic.in
Follow the steps given below in order to apply online for the CDS 2 Exam at UPSC:
- Open the Union Public Service Commission portal at www.upsc.gov.in.
- Tap on the Examination dropdown list.
- Click on Active Examination and the list will appear.
- Click on the link Combined Defense Services Examination, (II), 2022.
- Open the notification link and tap on the application link in the notification.
- The application portal will open at upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on the link, Online Application for Various Examination of UPSC.
- Tap on the link Click Here for PART I.
- Read all the instructions and tap on Yes.
- Fill out the Registration Form.
- Tap on Continue.
- Pay the Application Fee.
- Head to the main menu and tap on Click Here for PART II and log in.
- Upload the Photograph, Signature, and Photo, Identity Card.
- Nextly, Select the Center and Agree to the Declaration.
- Submit the form and keep a record of the application form details.
UPSC CDS II Application Fee
The fee needs to be paid in an online mode directly through the portal of the application. The following application fee has been announced:
- General and OBC male candidates: Rs. 200
- Female, SC, and ST candidates: Rs. 0
UPSC CDS Application Withdrawal
The candidates who shall not be able to appear for the examination must withdraw the applications to save their number of attempts. Tap on the Online Request For Withdrawal of Application For Various Examinations of UPSC on the portal of upsconline.nic.in and complete the formalities.
|Union Public Service Commission UPSC Online Portal||www.upsc.gov.in|
|UPSC Application Portal||upsconline.nic.in|
|Direct UPSC CDS 2 Application Link||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS 2 Exam Notification pdf Download||Click Here|
|UPSC Combined Defense Services CDS 2 Exam Syllabus||Click Here|