UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024: The Union Public Service Commission released various vacancies for the different posts of geoscientists. The UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 has begun. The UPSC geoscientist application form will remain on the official portal until 10 October 2023. All the male and female candidates who match the eligibility criteria can fill out their application form. The combined geoscientist (preliminary) examination is scheduled to be conducted on 18 February 2024. Interested candidates must follow the article below to know more about the यूपीएससी भूविज्ञानी / भू वैज्ञानिक भर्ती 2023.
UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024
Candidates who are looking for job opportunities in the field of geology have good opportunities to apply for the UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024. A total of 285 vacancies have been released for the posts of UPSC geoscientist 2024. The Geo-scientist examination comes under the Government(Ministry)of Mines. The candidate’s selection will be made on the basis of three stages, i.e. preliminary exams, main exams and interviews. The UPSC geoscientist 2024 application form has been released in online mode. The candidates must scroll through this article to know more.
यूपीएससी भूविज्ञानी/भू वैज्ञानिक भर्ती 2024 Details
|Examination name||UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024|
|Examination Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Article Category||UPSC Geoscientist 2024 Application Form|
|Application form last date||10 October 2024 up to 06:00 P.M.|
|Geoscientist Preliminary exam date||18 February 2024|
|UPSC geoscientist main exam date||22 June 2024|
UPSC Geoscientist 2024 Vacancy Geologists
The UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 posts and vacancies released by the Union Public Service Commission under the Ministry of Mines are tabulated below.
|Geologist Group A||34|
|Geophysicist Group A||01|
|Chemist Group A||13|
|Scientist B hydrogeology||04|
|Scientist B Chemical||02|
|Scientist B Geophysics||02|
UPSC Geoscientist 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To fill out the UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 application the applicants must check their eligibility criteria. We have mentioned the UPSC Geoscientist 2024 Eligibility Criteria as Nationality, Age limit, and Educational Qualification. Kindly go through the Union Public Service Commission 2022 Geoscientist/ Geologist Eligibility as mentioned below:
A candidate must be either a citizen of India. In case, a candidate is a citizen/subject of Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before January 1962 then he/she must have valid documents of permanently settling in India. The same nationality criteria apply to the citizens who migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and other East African countries.
Age Limit 2024
A candidate must be between 21 to 32 years of age group to be eligible for Union Public Services Commission Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 . Age relaxation has been given to the reserved category candidates under the UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 . Kindly go through the following tabulated data:
|Employees served in GSI & CGWB||7 years|
|SC and ST candidates||5 years|
|OBC candidates||3 years|
|Ex-serviceman (as per rules)||3 to 5 years|
|Disabled category candidates||10 years|
UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 Educational Qualification
The upsc.gov.in Geologist/Geo Scientist Bharti 2024 Educational Qualification details as per the post have been described below in the points.
- Geologist Group A in GSI- A candidate must have completed his/her master’s degree in geological science/geology/applied geology/geo-explanation/mineral, geo exploration/engineering geology/marine geology/ earth science or Resource management.
- UPSC Geophysicist Group A in GSI and Group A, B Scientist in CGWB- Must have pursued Master’s degree in physics/applied physics/ geophysics/marine geophysics/technology etc courses in the geophysics discipline.
- Chemist Group A in GSI and Group B in CGWB- The applicant must have completed his/her master’s degree in applied chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Scientist B and A in CGWB- A candidate must have completed his/her master’s degree in geology/applied/geology/marine geology or hydrogeology.
UPSC Geoscientist Application Form 2024 Important Documents
The documents required to be scanned and uploaded with the UPSC Geologist/Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2024 application form are as follows.
- Age certificate
- Educational qualification certificates
- Caste certificate for reserved category
- Disabled category certificate if applicable
- And other important documents if required
- Scanned passport-size photograph and signature
UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 Apply Online
To fill out the application form for the UPSC Geologist/Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2024 follow the steps counted below.
- Firstly, search the official website https://upsc.gov.in/
- Click the link “OTR One time registration” appearing on the screen
- Fill in the UPSC registered credentials and if you are new then register yourself
- You will be browsed a new page, tap the “latest notification” link on the dashboard
- Afterwards, you will be browsed to the UPSC Geoscientist 2024 Application Form
- Fill out the upsc.gov.in Geoscientist/ Geologist 2022 Online Form and upload the scanned documents asked to be uploaded
- Then, pay the application fee as per your category and go through the details mentioned
- At last, submit the UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Application Form and take its print.
upsc.gov.in Geologist/Geoscientist Application Form Fee
The candidates must pay the sum of 200/- INR as the UPSC Application Fee for Geoscientist and Geologist posts. The female, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and PWD candidates are exempted from fee payment under upsc.gov.in Geologist/ Geoscientist Bharti 2024 . Candidates can submit the UPSC Geologist/ Geoscientist Recruitment Fee at any nearby SBI Branch or using online gateways.
UPSC Geochemist/Geologist/Geoscientist 2024 Selection Pattern
The selection pattern for the UPSC Geochemist/Geologist/Geoscientist 2024 posts is as follows.
- The candidate’s selection for the UPSC Geoscientist post shall be made in three rounds- Preliminary exams, Main examination and Personality Test or Interview.
- In the preliminary test, there will be MCQ questions of 600 marks.
- In the main exams, there will be descriptive-type questions for 800 marks.
- At last, the candidates who qualified for the above two stages will be shortlisted for the Interview.
- In order to get selected for the UPSC geologist post, the candidates are required to qualify in all three stages.
- The candidates will allocate the seats for the UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 on the basis of the merit list.
UPSC Geologist/Geo Scientist Recruitment 2024 : Important Links
|Visit the official website of||UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2024|
|Download Official notification of||UPSC Geoscientist 2024 Advertisement|
|Direct link for Registration||UPSC Geoscientist 2024 Application form|
|Check for the latest updates||Bihar News home page|
When will the UPSC geoscientist preliminary exam will be conducted?
The UPSC geoscientist preliminary exam is scheduled to be on 18 February 2024.
What is the date of the UPSC geoscientist/geochemist main exam?
The UPSC Geoscientist/geochemist main exam will be conducted on the 24 June 2024.