Vaibhav Fellowship: The Indian Department of Science and Technology invites applications from eligible applicants for the Vaibhav Fellowship Scheme twice a year. For this, the application form is released on the Department’s website i.e. dst.gov.in with a specified deadline of 31 July and 31 January. The department accepts online applications for this scheme only from eligible applicants. Therefore, the applicants interested in this fellowship scheme should go through the criteria for eligibility defined by the department and ensure their eligibility. For further details about everything associated with Vaibhav Fellowship, the applicants can check out the entire article.
Vaibhav Fellowship for NRI
The Vaibhav Fellowship for NRI was launched by the Indian Government on National Science Day. The basic objective of this scheme is to provide Indian Researchers Living Abroad with faculty positions in Indian Institutions. Through this scheme, the Indian Government aims for the betterment of the research ecosystem in Indian Scientific Institutions. The applicants selected for the Vaibhav Fellowship Scheme’s benefits will get transferred from overseas institutions to India. We will elaborate on the specifics of this scheme throughout the article. So, the applicants must scroll down this article through to the end.
वैभव फैलोशिप योजना: Highlights
|Article’s Topic||Vaibhav Fellowship Scheme|
|Launched By||The Department of Science and Technology of India|
|Scheme For||Indian Researchers Living Abroad|
|The objective of the Scheme||Transfer of Indian Scientists (Researchers) from Institutions Abroad to India|
|Fellowship Application Mode||Online|
|Frequency of Online Application Invitation||Two times a year|
|Deadline for the Online Application||31 July and 31 January every year|
|Fellowship’s Duration||1 to 2 months each year for 3 years|
|DST Official Website||https://dst.gov.in/|
dst.gov.in Vaibhav Fellowship 2023 Guidelines
A few guidelines are associated with the dst.gov.in Vaibhav Fellowship 2023 Scheme. Before proceeding to fill out the application form, the eligible applicants must check out these guidelines.
- In a calendar year, the eligible applicants can submit the online form for the scheme only once.
- Along with the application form, the applicants also need to submit a research proposal. This proposal must highlight the aims of the research work by the applicants.
- The documents that applicants will upload to the application form must be in accordance with the format specified by the department.
- The application form for the fellowship must be submitted online prior to or on the given deadline by the department.
- Maitri Scholarship 2023
- National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
- What is Bard? How is it different from ChatGPT?
Vaibhav Fellowship NRI Researchers Eligibility Criteria
To get the benefits of this Vaibhav Fellowship NRI Researchers Scheme, the eligibility criteria provided in the following list are to be fulfilled by the applicants. If an applicant falls short on any of these eligibility criteria then he/ she will not be allowed to fill out the Vaibhav Fellowship Application Form.
- For this scheme, the applicant must either be an NRI (Non-Resident Indian) or a PIO (Person of Indian Origin) or an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) living abroad.
- The minimum educational qualification required for this scheme is a PhD/ M.D/ M.S degree.
- The concerned degree must be received by the applicants from a certified institution.
- The applicants must be associated with an overseas academic/ research/ industrial organization as a researcher. Furthermore, the organization must have a track record of research and development working among the 500 QS World University Ranking.
- The applicants must have planned to do research work for 1-2 months in an Indian institution for a duration of 3 years.
- The concerned institutions must be included in the top 200 NIRF Overall Rankings. Additionally, the institution must also have a NAAC “A” Grade.
Application Documents Required
In the application form for the fellowship scheme, the following documents must be uploaded by the eligible applicants in a PDF format as per the given specifications.
- Applicant’s Bio-data
- A Certificate for Age Proof
- Concerned Qualification Certificate
- An undertaking certificate by the applicant as well as a NOC from their institute
- An undertaking for Plagiarism
- A Certificate of Endorsement by the Host Institute
Steps for Vaibhav Fellowship Scheme Application Form 2023
The following are the steps that the applicants will need to follow when they fill out the application form for the fellowship scheme.
- In the first step, the applicants will have to use the URL https://dst.gov.in/ and open the official portal of DST.
- On the homepage of this portal, the applicants need to find the online application link for the Vaibhav Fellowships Scheme.
- After this, on the next page, the applicants need to tap on the relevant link for “New Registration”.
- Through this link, the registration form will show up on the screens of the applicants.
- In the next step, the applicants must fill in all the spaces on this registration form and create the login details for them.
- After this, the applicants need to use these created login details on the login page.
- Once the applicants successfully log in, they can begin to fill out the application form for the scheme.
- The applicants must fill out the complete application form accurately and upload all the required documents.
- Now, before submitting the application form, the applicants must crosscheck all the information on the application form once again.
- The Vaibhav Fellowship Scheme Application Form 2023 is ready to be submitted by the applicants now.
- After the submission, the applicant must necessarily obtain a hard copy of the application form.
After the application process is concluded, the department will select the applicants for the scheme. For this, the department will solely take the recommendations of an expert committee. This committee will solely be picked by the department. Once the applicants are selected for the Vaibhav Fellowships Scheme, they will be eligible for all of its benefits.
Vaibhav Fellowships Benefits For NRI Scientist
The selected applicants for Vaibhav Fellowships will be provided with the following benefits:
- A fellowship worth 5000 USD equivalent in Indian Currency
- International Travel expenses from their concerned institute to their place of work in India in business class
- Accommodation in a 3/4 star hotel
- Emergency Fund of Rs. 1 Lakh Per Year
- Domestic travel expenses (for academic purposes) up to 2 stations per year
|Apply Online||Vaibhav Fellowship Application Form (Available Soon)|
|For More Information Check Out||Vaibhav Fellowships Scheme Notification|
|Follow For Related Updates||Bihar NEWS Homepage|
Can applicants terminate the fellowship allotted to them?
Yes, the applicants can terminate the fellowship. For this, the applicants have to inform DST.
How will the applicants be selected for the fellowship?
The applicants will be selected for the scholarship solely at the discretion of the expert committee hired by DST.
Can the applicants submit the Vaibhav Fellowship Application Form’s hard copy to the department?
No, the eligible applicants must only submit their applications online on the department’s official website.